Sweet lobster and charred corn are the stars of the show in this easy to make Lobster Pasta Salad. Tossed with a light and bright lemon tarragon dressing, it’s the perfect light lunch or stellar side dish for your summer gatherings.
Is it summer where you are yet? I know summer doesn’t officially start until the 21st but really…we all know it starts when the kids are done school. When the yellow busses no longer slow down morning commutes, when gaggles of children are no longer gathered on the street corner with 50 pounds strapped to their backs. When moms (and dads) are no longer forced to work on mind-blowing word problems after a long day at work requiring us to consume a good, stiff drink to help us feel less silly stupid since we couldn’t figure out how many apples Johnny had left after he gave 3 to Jenny and 2 to Timmy and 6 to Sammy.
This week…summer has started…for me anyway. In fact, I’m writing this post while inhaling the salty, ocean air and sipping my coffee from a fish mug. I’m listening to the seagulls and contemplating whipping up a lobster omelet with the leftovers from last night’s dinner. We are at the beach. Well, the shore…that’s what you call it here on the East Coast. I’m spending the week at the shore and consuming my weight in lobster. I love it…so much…and in any way, shape or form. Dipped in butter or in my ever-popular Lobster Rolls…I can eat it every single day. The sweet, buttery flavor is absolutely succulent and such a treat. And..did you know that the shells are excellent for making a stock? There’s nothing better than a homemade stock and it completely elevates any dish from Lobster Bisque to these Easy Lobster Arancini….there’s just nothing better.
But if you’re looking for something easy but still over-the-top, insanely delicious AND can feed a crowd this Lobster Pasta Salad with Lemon Tarragon Dressing is just the ticket. It comes together quickly with the help of pre-cooked lobster. And with Father’s Day just around the corner, why not surprise dad with a little surf and turf . I’m sure he deserves it.
Back to the Lobster Pasta Salad for a minute….this salad is perfectly dressed with a light lemon tarragon dressing that doesn’t diminish the flavor of the lobster at all. It’s slightly sweet and a little tart complementing the lobster just perfectly. Adding the charred corn just screams summer and it’s a great way to use up any leftover corn on the cob you have lying around. The shell shaped pasta hugs little chunks of lobster and veggies making for the perfect bite every single time. Dad or mom or Uncle Sam would love a big bowl of this pasta salad for lunch but it’s equally amazing as a side dish salad at your next cookout. Your guests will swoon…well, maybe not but they’ll be pretty flippin’ impressed! And don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
Lobster Pasta Salad with Lemon Tarragon Dressing
- 3/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat greek yogurt
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 5 cups cooked shell pasta
- 3 ears corn on the cob, shucked and cleaned
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked lobster meat
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes (I used red and yellow)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- Preheat grill.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, sugar and tarragon until combined. Set aside.
- Place the corn directly on the grill rack and cook until charred on all sides, approximately 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the pasta, lobster, tomatoes and scallions. Cut the corn off the cob and add to the bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Cover and chill for up to two hours. Serve with chopped tarragon and lemon wedges, if desired