Packed with real peanut butter and jelly flavor, Gluten Free Peanut Butter Jelly Thumbprint Cookies are soft and chewy with a sweet berry filling. So fantastic, you won’t believe they don’t have any flour whatsoever. Just five ingredients are all you need for this childhood favorite.
Since the season is all about sharing…and giving and friends and eating, I decided to recruit my friend, Kerrie, to share her latest favorite cookie recipe. Just like Bridget, she got all healthy-ish and came up with a totally scrumptious cookie fit for everyone (except someone with a nut-allergy….but then see Bridget’s post.) Kerrie is a busy mom of three who works for the same company I left a few years ago AND just started a side business as a fitness coach. She’s a little busy and still found time to whip up a batch of these completely addicting Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies to share on my site. Because she’s awesome.
When she said she was giving me a thumbprint cookie, I was like SWEET!!! And then she said they didn’t have any flour in them….and I was like sweet? I was a little skeptical but then I opened the box in my car and the smell of peanut butter came wafting out. I had to test one out…for research purposes. My first bite….I knew I had to hide them from myself and take photos immediately. They taste just like peanut butter and jelly without the bread. If you were ever trying to figure out a way to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without bread….this is it. Mystery solved.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies are a big bite of peanut butter and jelly happiness. Sweet and nutty with a big burst of berry flavor from the jelly, the texture is perfect. Soft and chewy, with a hint of saltiness. OMG. They’re amazing. I tell myself they’re healthy because they don’t have any flour….and so I can eat them by the bucketful guilt free. Well, at least they’re healthier than my favorite cookie or THESE coconut butter cookies that I convinced myself were healthy a couple years ago. You should definitely make all three of them and come back to tell me…which is your favorite holiday cookie?
Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon triple berry fruit preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Using your hands, roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly press a small, shallow indentation in top of each ball using your thumb. Fill the center of each cookie with the fruit preserves. If the fruit preserves are too thick, vigorously stir it in a small bowl until the consistency thins out and is easier to work with.
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not overbake. The cookies will become firmer as they cool. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes or until set before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.