Inspired by a favorite pizza chain, this California Club Pizza is not lacking in the flavor department. Tender dough is covered with zesty garlic aioli, sprinkled with cheese and baked to perfection before being topped with peppery baby arugula, creamy avocado, bacon, parmesan and a tangy vinaigrette.
This is the part of the winter season when you start to get cabin fever. All I can think about is warm weather, chirping birds and dipping my toes in the ocean. If I close my eyes and think about it hard enough I can almost feel the warm breeze on my face….but when I open my eyes, I realize it’s just the dog breathing about 2 inches from my ear. So, naturally…I turn to food to help deal with the winter blues and the impending cabin fever that’s about to strike within the next 24 hours. This is really when I start to envy all those people on the West coast whining about their heatwave and posting pics of their melting ice cream sandwiches all over Facebook. So, I whipped up a little California in my own kitchen.
This California Club Pizza with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette is fresh and light. Aside from the carbs…it’s pretty healthy so you’ll be beach ready when the summer finally decides to roll around again. And it was super easy to make using my new KitchenAid 12-inch Convection Digital Countertop Oven. I am, seriously, in love with this oven….it has nine pre-programmed functions for exceptional cooking results, including Asado Roast that adjusts temperature for superior roasting performance and Pizza to deliver optimal crisping of crust. It’s super easy to clean because the entire inside has a non-stick coating and it comes in a wide range of colors to fit any kitchen decor.
I spread my homemade pizza dough out in the non-stick baking pan that came with it and spread my favorite garlic aioli thin. I, then, topped with a blend of shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheeses before baking using the Pizza setting. My crust came out perfectly, even better than my conventional oven!
I topped my California Club Pizza with fresh, peppery arugula, crisp crumbled bacon, sliced avocado and shaved parmesan cheese before drizzling with a simply honey-balsamic vinaigrette. It was simply amazing and would also be perfect on my 100% whole wheat dough! I can’t wait to try my favorite margherita pizza and this Philly cheesesteak pizza in my new Kitchen Aid Countertop Oven…..since my grill is still covered with snow. So, tell me….what’s your favorite way to squash the winter blues?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by KitchenAid. All opinions and statements are my own, as always.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pizza dough (I used this recipe
- 1 cup garlic aioli
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup fresh baby arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled, cooked bacon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, vinegar and olive oil. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out your dough and place on a pizza stone or in a pizza pan. Spread the garlic aioli evenly over the dough and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Top the mozzarella with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and bake for 10-12minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is crisp. Remove from the oven and top with the arugula, bacon, avocado and remaining parmesan cheese. Drizzle with the honey-balsamic vinaigrette. Serve immediately.