A patriotic popcorn snack that will light up any barbecue or party! Red White and Blue Popcorn Mix is super simple to make and totally addicting. Strawberry flavored popcorn is tossed with dried blueberries then drizzled with melted white chocolate before being sprinkled with edible gold stars to create the ultimate White Chocolate Strawberry Popcorn with Blueberries.
The weather is getting warmer and that means it’s time for parades, barbecues, picnics and fireworks. Aren’t you excited? I know I am….I’m so looking forward to the official kick off of summer…Memorial Day! It’s a great time to celebrate and remember those that served our country with friends and family. Lots of good food like burgers and dogs with piles of potato salad, macaroni salad and sweet treats!
I love to include themed food with festive colors at my gatherings….any chance I get to make dishes in Red White and Blue! This bright and cheery White Chocolate Strawberry Popcorn with Blueberries is nothing short of celebratory…..light, airy popcorn tossed with strawberry dust and dried blueberries and drizzled with melted white chocolate. Edible Gold Stars are the perfect bit of sparkle to make this Red White and Blue Popcorn Mix something extra special.
To make this White Chocolate Strawberry Popcorn recipe I like to start with the best popcorn I can find and JOLLY TIME Pop Corn is just that. Perfectly popped kernels every single time with a light corn flavor my kids love! It’s the perfect start to all your popcorn based recipes for any occasion…like these Candy Corn Popcorn Balls or this chili cheese popcorn. Anything you create with JOLLY TIME Pop Corn is going to be super flavorful and amazing! And beginning April 4th, you’ll be able to enter to win your own stash of JOLLY TIME Pop Corn, follow along on Facebook for the details!
- 6 cups popped Jolly Time Popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups freeze dried strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon edible gold stars
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add the strawberries to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Pulse several times until a fine powder forms. Pour the strawberry mixture over the popcorn and toss to combine. Add the blueberries to the popcorn and toss. Spread the popcorn mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment and drizzle with the melted chocolate. Sprinkle the stars over the popcorn and transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
- Break the popcorn into pieces and serve.