Just a few ingredients, a minute in the blender and you have the most amazing salad dressing ever. Avocado Ranch Dressing is healthy and flavorful, the perfect way to top any salad.
One more sleep….just one more sleep until we head to the Jersey shore. Race day is right around the corner so I ate my stress by stuffing my face with a pile of chocolate chip cookies and a couple glasses of cabernet. That’s my recovery meal after a workout. Not really, but I definitely fell off the wagon today and that was due to a combination of trying to cram three days of work into one and just plain anxiety over this whole race thing. This whole, really long 5K. I feel silly…I mean it’s just a short race but right now, I’m concerned because I didn’t really train at all and the smell of pizza on the boardwalk was a bit of a derailment last year. That and the caramel corn. It did me in.
For the most part, I did eat relatively healthy and that was due to this amazingly Easy Avocado Ranch Dressing. It’s so simple to make with just a few ingredients and it’s filling, flavorful and completely mind-blowing. I like to use it on all my salads but it’s also fantastic as a veggie dip.
It’s be perfect drizzled over these smashed potatoes (I’m not even kidding). It’s a cool departure from my super Pinterest popular Fire Roasted Pineapple Dressing…which if you’re not a fan of spicy foods then you can easily replace it in this Caribbean Cobb Salad. It would be absolutely drool-worthy.
- 1 avocado, pitted and removed from skin
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.