Fun, easy and just in time for Halloween! No Bake Oreo Truffle Eyeballs are such a cinch to make, just a few ingredients and you can decorate these fun treats with the kids with very little mess.
Hey all! I’m off to do a quick segment on Fox 29’s Good Day Philadelphia this morning to share some fun ideas for your Halloween pre-game. I host a little party each year for the kids in the hood right before we all go out trick or treating. It’s just a fun way for the parents and kids to relax with some light bites before gorging ourselves on buckets of candy. Because, admit it….you dig into those candy bags just as much as the kids. So, we need to fuel up on things like Gingerbread Mummies, Ghost Donut Pops and pulled pork sliders before the sugar rush…am I right?
So, we’ll be chatting about how I prep my party without breaking a sweat and I’ll share the link when I get back. But in the meantime, let’s talk about these No Bake Oreo Truffle Eyeballs…ok? These are new to the blog this year and will definitely be part of the pre-game because they’re gory and fun and cute and sweet. My kind of Halloween treat. They’re so super simple to make with just a handful of ingredients and the Wilton Foodwriter pens. I love those things….I used them first on Landon’s birthday cake years ago and have been writing all over food ever since.
These No Bake Oreo Truffle Eyeballs are so easy to make. You just pulverize your Oreos in a food processor, whip them up with some cream cheese, roll into balls, freeze, dip in melted chocolate and then decorate. So simple! My little guy was so impressed with my creativity he totally forgot we were supposed to make these Halloween Rice Krispie Treats. We had so much fun whipping these up, I can’t wait to make them again.
No Bake Oreo Truffle Eyeballs
- 1 package Oreos (20 cookies)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups white chocolate
- 1 Red Wilton Foodwriter pen
- 1 Ready to Use Green Decorating Icing (Or make your own using white icing and green food coloring)
- 30 Black M&M's
- In a food processor, crush the Oreos until fine crumbs form. Transfer the mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer and combine with the cream cheese until smooth.
- Form the mixture into 30 balls of equal size and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Freeze the truffles for 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds and stir. Continue to microwave at 15 second intervals until completely melted. Remove the truffles from the freezer and dip one in the chocolate, turning to coat completely. Return the truffle to the baking sheet and allow to harden. Repeat with the remaining truffles until all are coated in chocolate.
- Using the Foodwriter pen, draw red veins all over the truffle.
- Add a dot of green icing to the top of the truffle and gently press an M&M on top.
- Transfer to an airtight containe and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.