Light, fluffy, creamy and sweet, Brown Butter Mascarpone Mashed Sweet Potatoes are a fantastic addition to any dinner. Whipped roasted sweet potatoes are blended with creamy mascarpone and nutty brown butter for a flavor explosion you’re not going to be able to get enough of. So AMAZING!
Happy Sunday Funday! I hope you all have something exciting planned today, I’m going Christmas shopping and am so excited to scout out some fun finds for the remaining people on my list. I’m trying so hard to get in the holiday spirit but the warm weather was just killing it for me. We traveled all the way to Christmas Village last night to see the lights and on the way there the temperature decided to take a dip. Well, more like a plunge…I could watch it happening on my dashboard. Then the winds started whipping so we ran to the entrance to try and get some shelter. THEN…just as we were nearing the end of the “white arrows”…..the skies opened up and unleashed a ton of freezing rain/sleet. You know what? Sleet hurts! We ran all the way back to the car while shielding the little guy with an umbrella because horizontal sleet hurts even more than straight from the heavens sleet. Once we hopped in the car and thawed a bit, I felt the Christmas spirit creeping up. Or that was the warmth from the heated seats. Either way….I’m ready to deck the halls now.
But first….Thanksgiving. And I’m on the hunt for a new, sturdy pair of Spanx leggings just for the occasion. I plan to eat my face off, basically….because there are several dishes that I only make once a year….like this stuffing and my so very cheesy spinach gratin. So, I have the when in Rome mentality and really won’t need to eat again for a week after I’m done. I did add a new recipe to the menu this year…..these ridiculously insane Brown Butter Mascarpone Mashed Sweet Potatoes. They’re so, so, so, so, so good. They melt in your mouth and have a nutty, buttery flavor that pairs so well with the sweet of the potatoes. OMG….silly, giddy goodness.
Brown Butter Mascarpone Mashed Sweet Potatoes couldn’t be easier to make…just a few ingredients are all you need. Butter, Mascarpone, Sweet Potatoes, Salt, Pepper, more butter…maybe? I THINK….they may be even better than my favorite sweet potato casserole….but maybe not. They’re definitely much easier to make like the very best mashed potatoes. Minutes of hands on time for a lifetime of culinary dreams. I’m not even exaggerating. Try them…..I bet you’ll agree.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke a few holes in the potatoes with a fork and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes until cooked through and fork tender.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Remove the skin by peeling off with your hands.
- Place the peeled potatoes in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and continue cooking until the butter starts to brown, approximately 10-12 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Pour the butter over the potatoes.
- Add the mascarpone cheese to the potatoes. Beat the mixture with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Potatoes can be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. To reheat, transfer to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring after each minute until heated through. Or transfer to an oversafe dish and heat in a 325 degree oven until heated through.