Quick, easy, light and flavorful, Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the perfect weeknight dinner. Topped with a spicy Pineapple Slaw, they’re easy to prep ahead to make mealtime a breeze.
Hey all! Happy Monday! Guess what I learned this weekend….well, I always knew it but I think I finally have come to terms with the fact that I am THE BIGGEST TIME WASTER…..EEEEEVVVVERRRRR! Yes, I’m admitting to it. And any stress I feel that is related to my job is all because I’m a big time waster. Now, in my defense….I get easily distracted by things like Friends (both the TV show and actual human beings that show up at my door to hang out during the day), shiny things…like jewelry or glitter, food….or invitations to go eat food that I don’t have to make, puppies….that I try to desperately convince my husband, daughter and son that we don’t want to take home. Yes…I am easily distracted and once my project loses focus for a millisecond I have a hard time getting back on track. And THAT is why I need things like Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps in my weekly arsenal. Because time is fleeting and I don’t want to waste it making dinner.
Just like all of you, I get caught up in my day and suddenly realize I don’t have a plan for dinner. And I get so tired of takeout…as do my jeans which are currently strangling my waist. So, I created my favorite meal in a handy dandy low carb wrap that’s healthy, filling and totally delicious! Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps are topped with a slightly spicy Pineapple Slaw that’s equally easy to whip up.
I always keep a resealable bag in the freezer filled with boneless skinless chicken breasts that are marinated in this teriyaki sauce. It makes prep work a snap….then I just toss the chicken on the grill until it’s cooked through. While the chicken is cooking, I throw together the Pineapple Slaw with just a handful of ingredients you, most likely, have in your pantry. Slice the chicken and serve in your lettuce leaves topped with the slaw, some sesame seeds, cilantro and bean sprouts for extra crunch. And if you have a few extra minutes on your hands, you could serve them with this no cook asian rice noodle salad! If you’re not much of a spicy fan, you could even use this easy asian slaw to top your wraps. It’s your time….waste it, savor it, make the most of it. I don’t judge. 🙂
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Pineapple Slat
- 3 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves (or Bibb Lettuce)
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup minced carrot
- 1 1/2 cups shredded purpled cabbage
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- chopped cilantro
- bean sprouts
- toasted sesame seeds
- Place the chicken in a resealable bag and pour the teriyaki sauce over. Seal and marinade for 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat the grill. Cook the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes then flip and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a platter and cover. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the pineapple, carrot and cabbage.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, chili paste, honey, soy sauce, ginger and olive oil to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the pineapple mixture and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into slices across the grain.
- Serve the chicken, slaw and lettuce on a platter with cilantro, bean sprouts and sesame seeds, if desired. Serve family style so each person can build their own lettuce wrap per their own personal taste!
Chicken can be marinated in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours or frozen for up to 3 months.