A quick and easy treat for Easter that kids will love. Perfect for class parties or to leave as a treat for the Easter bunny, warning….this snack is highly addictive!
Landon has his first Easter party at school this week and he has no clue. If I tell him in advance he’ll ask me thirty-seven thousand times if it’s time for the party. And so, I’ve learned to not tell him anything that will get him overly excited and/or confused until the VERY.LAST.MINUTE. He gets so excited whenever there’s fun involved. And snacks…..he’s a budding foodie.
Everyone is required to bring a snack on Thursday and the list was the usual….brownies, cookies, fruit, yogurt, cheese….I didn’t know this and had already decided to make my Bunny Bait for his class party. So, I added it to the list…Bunny Bait. I’m wondering if anyone noticed. 🙂
It’s a pretty healthy snack minus the mini marshmallows, M&M’s Speckled Eggs and white chocolate…..the bunny grahams and popcorn are pretty ok. Right? Right? Well, ok, it’s not THAT healthy but it’s not a Cadbury egg or a giant chocolate bunny that would cause the toddler class to bounce off the walls before crashing into a cranky mess due to the sugar overload. My life is spent trying to avoid the toddler tantrums so this is my contribution to the cause.
The Easter Bunny loves this stuff too….it’s perfect to leave as a “Thank You” snack the night before Easter. It’s hard work hiding all those eggs and filling all of those baskets with chocolate eggs….he/she will definitely need an energizing snack! This is the one, cookies are far too fattening….let’s stick with the chocolate covered popcorn, cookies and candy. It’s a much better option. 🙂
- 3 cups unsalted popped popcorn
- 1 10.9 ounce bag M&M Speck-tacular Milk Chocolate Eggs
- 5 ounces fruit flavored mini marshmallows (I used Jet Puffed Fun-Mallows)
- 1 cup Cinnamon Bunny Grahams or graham cracker pieces (I used Annie's Homegrown Cinnamon Bunny Grahams)
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- On a large baking sheet or parchment covered counter, spread out popcorn, chocolate eggs, marshmallows and graham cookies in an even layer being sure that everything is mixed well. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 15 second intervals mixing well each time until all the chocolate is melted and smooth. Add the chocolate to a pastry bag fitted with a small tip or to a ziplock bag with the corner snipped off. Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn mixture and allow to cool completely, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Break the popcorn mixture apart and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 433kcal Calories from fat 177|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 20g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|