Fresh blueberries and mint make for a tasty mojito…..even better when frozen into a chilly treat like these Blueberry Mojito Popsicles. Even better…these popsicles are actually good for you! (Well, if you skip the rum…but who would do such a thing?)
I can’t think of a more refreshing cocktail than the mojito. The Cubans knew what they were doing….I guess it was out of desperation since it’s as hot as cake balls down there. Well, cake balls are not hot but my point is it’s hotter than here and I
complain talk about the temperature here a lot….especially when it’s humid. I have bad humidity hair. Like Monica from Friends. My hair is pin straight unless there’s a slight amount of moisture in the air and then it’s not straight. Or curly…it’s, I can’t even explain it.
Back to the mojitos….if I went to Cuba, my hair would be big. And about 4 inches shorter. I would need a few mojitos to forget about the bad hair I was sporting on top of my head. Mojitos are minty and fizzy and sweet and limey. So, sooooo good. It’s 7:30 am and I could go for one right now. I love fruity mojitos which I’m not sure is truly a Cuban thing but let’s go with it. Popsicles are probably not what they had in mind either.
I love all things blueberries and so….I put them in my popsicles. You know what else I did….or didn’t do….I didn’t add refined sugar. I used agave nectar! Which I love. If you don’t love it, you can use honey or coconut sugar or any other sweetener you’d like. It’s your popsicle.
Everything into the blender and then everything into the molds. Pop in some sticks and four hours later….Boozy grown-up popsicles! Perfect for poolside…perfect for the beach….perfect for the sofa. You pick the place….it’s your popsicle. And if you’re looking for more boozy concoctions….check out these tropical beauties and this grown-up slushie….perfect for parties of 12 or 1!
Blueberry Mojito Popsicles
- 3 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (no stems)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- Zest from 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons white rum
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling water
- In a blender, puree the blueberries, mint leaves, agave nectar, lime juice and zest. Add the lime and sparkling water and blend thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and add the popsicle sticks. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- To remove from molds, briefly run hot water over the mold and slide the popsicles out. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 1 month.