Almond milk, Cream of Coconut and coffee are all it takes to make these easy, dreamy popsicles. The chocolate shell takes these chilly treats to another level. Savor the last days of summer with one (or all) of these.
There are some foods that I’m just so impressed with….like “how do they do that” impressed. Fascinated. Flabbergasted. I never really thought to actually investigate “how” the magic was created. But when I do it’s always something so simple. So easy, in fact, I feel a little like I lost some time….like I could have been doing this for years and now I need to catch up.
That’s how I feel about these popsicles. I always loved a chocolate dipped popsicle. I even have a system for eating them, it’s a little weird so I’ll spare you all the silliness with my peculiar eating habits but chocolate dipped popsicles are the BEST. Really. I know. I used to sell ice cream on the playground in grade school. So, I know which ice cream treats were the hot sellers. This was my job. If I ran out of the favorites…there was no turning back and who knew what those 3rd graders would do to me. Scary times on the asphalt, friends.
I never even thought, while I was devouring my treat, I could make these myself. Enter Magic Shell. Super “duh” moment of the century. Really….it’s that easy.
You can use my recipe for Homemade Chocolate Magic Shell or buy it at the store….buy my recipe will only add a couple minutes to your prep time. And it tastes so much better than the store version AND it’s much cheaper!
So, if you have any leftover coffee this morning…or tomorrow morning…save it. On rare occasion, I have a cup or so leftover. Depends on the type of morning I’m having. Today there will be none. I store it in a ziploc container for immediate use or pour into an ice cube tray and freeze to use later. Either will work in this recipe.
Almond milk, Cream of Coconut (not to be confused with coconut cream) and coffee….that’s it. That’s all it takes to make these easy, peasy desserts. And then the Magic Shell. Also super simple! There’s no time to waste….summer is coming to a close and we need all the ammunition we can find to savor those last lazy days. Time’s a tickin’.
Almond Coconut Mocha Popsicles
- 1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup Cream of Coconut
- 2/3 cup brewed black coffee
- 1 cup Chocolate Magic Shell
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, cream of coconut and coffee. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and insert stick. Freeze until firm, approximately 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the popsicles from the mold and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Remove two popsicles and dip in Magic Shell. When the chocolate has hardened, return the popsicles to the baking sheet. Repeat until all the popsicles have been coated in chocolate. Seal the popsicles in plastic zip-top bags and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 192kcal Calories from fat 59|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|