Just three ingredients…that’s all you need to make these simple Chocolate Donut Bats. The perfect last minute snack for impromptu Halloween parties or great for a Halloween themed breakfast.
Hi everyone! Who’s ready for Halloween? I’m certainly not…I still have a few decorations to put out before the festivities begin, nothing like waiting until the last minute. Right? But I have been busy creating some spooktacular treats that are totally kid friendly and yesterday, Landon and I showcased a few of them on Fox 29’s Good Day Philadelphia. It was a ton of fun even with a bit of a scare from the crashing sign behind us.
We were so thrilled to be part of the morning crew and shared our easy Ghost Donut Pops, THESE chocolate covered rice krispie treats and the all-time favorite gingerbread men turned mummies. All of these treats are really easy to make but what really stole the show were these simple Chocolate Donut Bats.
We did a quick demo of how to make them, no baking required…no cooking except for a quick melt of some chocolate “glue” in the microwave. So easy a child can make them all by themselves and they are totally tasty! Ready in just a few minutes so if you’re a procrastinator like me….you can totally whip these up for your last minute Halloween party this weekend.
Chocolate Donut Bats
- 12 mini chocolate covered donuts
- 24 mini chocolate covered pretzels
- 1 cup chocolate wafers (I like Ghirardelli dark chocolate wafer melting chocolate)
- 24 candy eyes
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave at 30 second increments, stirring each time until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Dip one side of a pretzel in the chocolate and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Repeat with a second pretzel and place one donut on top. Using a toothpick dipped in chocolate, place a small dot of chocolate on the back of an eye and place on the front of the donut. Repeat with a second eye.
- Repeat with the remaining pretzels, donuts and eyes until all the bats are assembled. Allow the chocolate to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and milk. Transfer the mixture to a zip top bag with the corner snipped off and pipe a small line for the mouth. Pipe two small triangles below the line for the fangs. Allow the mouth to harden.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 450kcal Calories from fat 176|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 20g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|