Peppers, onions and tender steak are marinaded to perfection and roasted on a sheet pan for this quick and easy dinner. Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas are a great way to enjoy your favorite dinner anytime of the week with just one pan to clean.
Who has broken their resolutions for the year already? I’ve been to the gym once….in my defense, I didn’t make any resolutions. So, it’s all good but one trip to the gym is kinda sad. I did have a cold or a cough, it may have been allergies because it’s been so warm and balmy but now….there’s a snowstorm looming. The gym trips could have gotten me in shape to shovel the driveway this weekend. I know I’ll be sweating and panting out there, it should be quite the site. Or….I’ll just wave down one of the neighborhood kids to do it for me…do kids do that anymore? Do they go door to door to earn some money by shoveling driveways? Or are they indoors making this snow treat I shared on Facebook yesterday?
Well, let’s hope they do because, really, who wants to spend their time working up a sweat outside on the driveway when you can be inside whipping up brownies….or fajitas. Am I right? Snow days call for good eats and with these easy Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas, you won’t even have many dishes to clean afterward. Great for a snow day…or a weekday…or lunch.
I love to find ways to make fajitas with less mess…when I make them on my stovetop I find myself cleaning up grease everywhere…on the stovetop…on the microwave..on the floor…on my forehead. It just gets everywhere. So, last year I made these Grilled Chicken Fajitas with virtually NO MESS and then I turned them into these amazing Nachos. This year….these Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas are where it’s at. My family LOVES them and they’re perfect for quick, easy dinners. Just marinade everything for a couple hours (or overnight) in a simple marinade using my preservative free fajita mix and then pour everything onto a sheet pan. Roast for 20-25 minutes and…voila…dinner. Amazing served with these simple tortilla chips and a Corona. Close your eyes, pretend your on a beach in Mexico and know that spring is right around the corner.
Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- 1 1-pound skirt steak, cut into thin slices across the grain
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- chopped cilantro
- Place the steak, peppers and onion in a large zip top bag. In a small bowl, whisk together the fajita seasoning, oil and water. Pour the mixture into the bag and press out the air. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using tongs, remove the meat and vegetables from the bag. Arrange in a single layer (the best you can) on a baking sheet and discard the marinade. Roast the fajita mixture in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
- Serve with tortillas topped with chopped cilantro, sour cream and jalapeños, if desired.
|Serving Size||2 fajitas|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 394kcal Calories from fat 178|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 20g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|