Simple squash is roasted until tender for a surprisingly sweet and caramelized flavor, then topped with tangy pomegranate and crunchy pumpkin seeds. Roasted Delicata Squash is easy to make and one healthy side dish you’ll make again and again.
I made this Roasted Delicata Squash with Pomegranate and Pumpkin Seeds in November. Yeah, November. Like almost three months ago, styled, photographed and edited the photos so I could share it with all of you as an easy Thanksgiving side dish. Thanksgiving is long gone. I know, but I keep stumbling on the recipe and feeling a little guilt that I’m keeping it all to myself. It’s selfish, I know…and once you tasted this Roasted Delicata Squash…you may hate me a little bit because it’s the easiest thing in the world to make. But don’t be mad for too long because it will fit right into your healthy New Year’s resolution……if you haven’t fallen off the wagon yet.
The one thing I love about winter squash is I can buy it and leave it on the counter…..for months. This is a common practice for me because…really, I can’t be bothered to peel the skin. It’s a tough task, especially on those Butternut beauties. I love them so much but peeling and chopping them is always a task that’s just begging for an emergency room visit. So, they sit….until I can muster up enough courage and elbow grease to attack it with the beast (that’s what I call my favorite, really, extra crazy sharp knife.) Then beautiful things happen with my butternut…like this pot roast, or this salad with Burrata cheese and THIS amazing pasta. But then I get lazy again and buy things like Delicata Squash.
Delicata squash is much less of a hassle to chop up. The skin isn’t as thick and roasts so beautifully you can eat it. It becomes this caramelized, sweet masterpiece that looks like art on the platter. Roasted Delicate Squash is also is a good source of dietary fiber and potassium, as well as vitamins C and B, magnesium, and manganese. I know that’s why you’re hear…for the healthy recipes. 🙂 Even if you’re not, and you’re more of a burger fan….Roasted Delicate Squash is an amazingly tasty side dish that comes together in a pinch. It’s perfect for busy weeknights but also great for entertaining….especially on Thanksgiving. Pin it for later, my friends!
Roasted Delicata Squash with Pomegranate and Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Delicata Squash
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Carefully cut the squash in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and discard. Place the squash cut side down on a cutting board and cut into slices 1/2 inch thick. Repeat with the remaining squash half. Toss the squash in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the squash in an even layer on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer the squash to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the pomegranate and pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 199kcal Calories from fat 120|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|