This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #CollectiveBias
Celebrate spring with this super Easy Strawberry Ice Cream Cake! Layers of creamy vanilla and strawberry ice cream separated by sweet, crunchy shortbread filling then frosted with light, airy whipped cream. Better than any ice cream shop!
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend! It was pretty frigid here yesterday….and even though the weather forecast predicted the arctic temps rolling in it was still pretty unexpected. Not quite ice cream weather but duty calls and when you have an ice cream cake just waiting to be shot….you need to eat it too. It’s part of the job.
I LOVE ice cream cakes…when I was little I always wanted one for my birthday cake. But being that my birthday is in January and my crafty mom always wanted to bake some crazy character cake….I never got to celebrate my day with one. Which is fine…I mean, really…my mom’s cakes were pretty spectacular. But this Easy Strawberry Ice Cream Cake is my crazy concoction. My kids will now, forever, be celebrating their birthdays with an ice cream cake. And Blue Bunny® makes this cake a breeze to make!
Blue Bunny® Ice Cream is an ice cream lovers dream come true……creamy, sweet and available in a variety of fun flavors! I purchased Vanilla, Double Strawberry and Super Chunky Cookie Dough on my last trip to Walmart. The Super Chunky Cookie Dough is not something I would usually pick up but the new clear packaging that Blue Bunny® uses changed my mind….you can actually SEE the swirls of chocolate and giant cookie dough chunks in the ice cream. No surprises! Just drool-inducing ice cream that you’re going to want to eat with the biggest spoon available!
You’re absolutely going to love this Easy Strawberry Ice Cream Cake. I suggest making it one day in advance so there’s time for the cake to freeze together, no chance of the layers slipping and sliding around. And I’m including the recipe for a White Chocolate Magic Shell below which is super easy to make….you’ll need it to blend with your cookie crumbs to make those classic ice cream cake crunches…..because they make every ice cream cake spectacular. Don’t you agree?
I’m so excited about how this Easy Strawberry Ice Cream Cake turned out that I’m already starting to whip up other flavors like Mint Chocolate Chip and Toasted Marshmallow! How about a mocha cake with Coffee Ice Cream? What’s your favorite flavor ice cream and what do YOU think I should make next? And don’t forget to check out THESE Blue Bunny® recipes for more #SoHoppinGood fun!
Easy Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
- 1 46-ounce container Blue Bunny® Vanilla Ice Cream
- 12 shortbread cookies
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups Blue Bunny® Double Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 8-ounce container whipped topping
- Freeze a 6 ounce springform pan for 15 minutes. Spread 1 inch of softened Blue Bunny® vanilla ice cream evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Return the pan to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While the ice cream hardens, add the cookies to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until course crumbs form. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil and chocolate chips together in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and chocolate mixture together in a bowl. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and spread a 1/2 inch layer of the cookie mixture evenly over the vanilla ice cream. Return to the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Spread a 1 inch layer of softened strawberry ice cream over the cookie layer and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Spread a 1/2 inch layer of the cookie mixture evenly over the strawberry ice cream and return to the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Spread a 1 inch layer of softened vanilla ice cream over the cookie layer and return to the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove ice cream cake from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before removing the sides of the springform pan. Return the ice cream cake to the freezer to firm up the sides for 5 minutes.
- Frost the entire cake with whipped topping and decorate with strawberries, if desired. Return to the freezer for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Before servings, allow the cake to thaw for 20 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately after slicing.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 742kcal Calories from fat 382|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 42g||65%|
|Saturated Fat 26g||130%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|