Crisp, fresh green beans are the star of the show in this easy to make Green Bean Casserole. This recipe is made completely from scratch with fresh ingredients and topped with crispy onion rings. Dare I say, better than grandma’s?
Disclaimer: This post is created in partnership with ALDI. All opinions and statements are my own, as always.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and there are some must have dishes I can’t do without like fluffy mashed potatoes, sausage stuffing and cranberry sauce. They’re just staples at our holiday table and isn’t the holiday all about the sides, really? The turkey ends up being just a centerpiece, like a piece of art that needs to be drenched in a boatload of gravy. Or maybe that’s just at my house.
My favorite side dish of all time is Green Bean Casserole but many times I’ve been disappointed with the various versions I’ve tried….almost always with canned condensed soup mixed in. And while they may be tasty, I knew there was a better way to make it the Very Best Green Bean Casserole it could possibly be. AND I found all the freshest ingredients I could get my hands on at my local ALDI store. Tender, crisp green beans, white button mushrooms and the must have French Fried Onions for the perfect crunch right on top.
The Very Best Green Bean Casserole is blended with a homemade cream sauce that’s loaded with garlic flavor. Baked until bubbling then topped with crispy onions, this recipe will be a staple at your holiday table to. You can make this easy casserole without breaking the bank, too.
If this delicious Green Bean Casserole isn’t exciting enough, the fact that ALDI is opening new stores is sure to make you excited! ALDI has just announced they are coming to Delaware! Two new stores will open their doors on Thursday, November 17th in Middletown and Camden, with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8:45 a.m at both locations. Everyone is invited to attend and the first 100 shoppers at each store will receive a golden ticket, each containing an ALDI gift card of various amounts! You can tour the stores, sample awesome ALDI products and enter an on-site sweepstakes for a chance to win a year’s supply of ALDI produce. How amazing is that???
Visit the new stores here:
1002 Bunker Hill Road, Middletown, DE 19709
390 Walmart Drive, Camden, DE 19934
ALDI already carries a wide range of premium groceries such as organic produce, USDA Choice beef, gluten-free products and their SimplyNature line of products that are free from over 125 artificial ingredients and preservatives. All ALDI brand food products are free of added MSG, certified synthetic colors and partially hydrogenated oils so you can feel good about the food you’re feeding your friends and family. And if you don’t live in the Delaware area, be sure to visit your local neighborhood ALDI because they have some pretty amazing seasonal items flowing in right now! (Like Spiral Sliced Ham and tons of CHEESE!)
Also, I have one $25 ALDI gift card to give away to one random winner. Enter to win by commenting below with what you’re excited for about ALDI in Delaware, or if you’re not in Delaware, comment below sharing your favorite ALDI product and/or the best thing about shopping at ALDI!
The Very Best Green Bean Casserole
- 1 pound Hearty Fresh green beans, stems trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Simply Nature Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Baker's Corner Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Chef's Cupboard Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Countryside Creamery Half and Half
- 1 teaspoon SimplyNature Garlic Granules
- 1 cup Chef's Cupboard French Fried Onionss
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the green beans. Cook the beans for 1-2 minutes or until bright green in color.
- Transfer the beans to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and drain. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the onions and cook until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and continue cooking for another minute.
- Add the flour and stir to coat. Cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the chicken stock, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Slowly stir in the half and half and garlic granules.
- Add the green beans to the pan and toss to coat.
- Transfer the green bean mixture to a baking dish coated with cooking spray and transfer to the oven.
- Bake the casserole for 20 minutes or until the sauce is thickened and bubbling.
- Sprinkle the onions over the top of the casserole and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 120kcal Calories from fat 54|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
*This post was sponsored by ALDI.