The perfect game day snack! These Loaded Baked Potato Jalapeño Poppers are so easy to make and ready in minutes. Stuffed to the max with creamy mashed potatoes, cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives…you’ll never want another fried popper again.
I’m all about game day after the holidays are over. It’s another excuse to sit around and eat tons of food while in the company of friends and family. But here’s a confession….I don’t even watch the game. Not any game….or any sport (except tennis) for that matter. But I do love a good tailgate with great food because I just love to eat.
But, since I’m trying to eat a little less indulgent during the winter months…I look for other ways to make fun snacks without having to deep fry every single thing. Snacks that won’t weigh me down and want to take a nap like apple nachos and baked wings. And Loaded Baked Potato Jalapeño Poppers….I mean, seriously….who wouldn’t love these?!?!?
I am a huge fan of loaded baked potatoes….and jalapeño poppers so it only made sense to combine the two into a mouth-watering snack. And these Loaded Baked Potato Jalapeño Poppers are incredibly easy and quick to make. I usually have all the ingredients on hand to whip them up on the spur of the moment. The secret to making them so quickly is with Idaho Spuds Flavored Mashed Potatoes….they’re ready in seconds! They’re creamy and smooth, the perfect base for the “loaded” ingredients. And they are so tasty stuffed into a jalapeño!
To make your Loaded Baked Potato Jalapeño Poppers just follow the package instructions for the mashed potatoes then stir in your bacon, cheese, sour cream and chives. Spoon the mixture into a halved jalapeño, top with more cheese and bake! That’s it. Serve them hot with a dollop of sour cream and more bacon….can you ever have enough bacon? Sprinkle with chives and chow down! And to make your game day even better…..enter to win the Spuds Game Day Sweepstakes! Even if your team loses you can still win at game day!
Loaded Baked Potato Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 packet of Idaho Spuds Butter Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for sprinkling prior to baking
- 3/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup sour cream, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the jalapeños on a baking sheet lined with parchment and set aside.
- Cook the potatoes according to the package directions.
- Stir in the cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the jalapeño halves. Sprinkle each with more cheddar cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
- Garnish each jalapeño popper with sour cream, bacon and chives.
- Serve immediately
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 82kcal Calories from fat 44|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.