The easiest dessert ever to come out of your multi-cooker! This easy Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake is filled with a creamy dulce de leche center and couldn’t be simpler to make. A fantastic sweet treat for every occasion.
Disclaimer: This post is created in partnership with Workman Publishing, all opinions and statements are my own.
I have officially hopped on the Instant Pot bandwagon….and I was really trying not to. One more appliance to add to the counter top and every shrinking kitchen space, I definitely did NOT want to succumb to the hype. But I did….and I’m so grateful because this little thing is a beast in the kitchen. I’m just now beginning to play around with my own recipes but to get a jumpstart on how this thing worked, I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of How to Instant Pot by Daniel Shumski, which is the only Instant Pot cookbook organized by function. And the first thing to catch my eye was the Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake. Who can blame me?
It’s packed full of over 100 one-pot recipes for every function of your Instant Pot and every single dish is an easy to create masterpiece. The full-color photographs totally made my mouth water with every turn of the page and each recipe was a total home run with the family. One of our absolute favorites was, of course, this Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake….because how can you not love chocolate cake with a molten caramel-y center.
The Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake was….a piece of cake to make. Just whip up everything in a bowl and divide among a few ramekins. It bakes up in just about 10 minutes making it the perfect last minute dessert for every party. I can see this one popping up over and over again during the holiday season since it takes only 20 minutes from start to finish!
And if you are like me, an Instant Pot convert, or a long time multi-cooker lover…..you can get How to Instant Pot right HERE just in time for the holidays. Even better than that…I have a copy up for grabs right now! Just enter using the form below. A little holiday gift from me to you.
And if you’re looking for more recipes you can use in your Instant Pot…try out these easy slow cooker recipes!
Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for garnish
- 2 large eggs plus two large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 teaspoons dulce de leche
- 1 cup water
- Coat four 5 to 6 ounce ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chocolate chips and chopped chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Or place the butter in the inner pot, then press Sauce and use the Sauce or Adjust button to select the lowest temperature. Wait for the butter to melt, about 3 minutes.
- Add the melted butter to the chocolate and stir until well combined. (if you used the inner pot to melt the butter, wash it.)
- Add the confectioner's sugar and use a fork to mix until no streaks remain. Add the eggs and egg yolks and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and salt and mix gently with a rubber spatula until no streaks remain.
- Coat a spoon with nonstick cooking spray and use it to fill each ramekin with batter halfway. Sparay a 1-teaspoon measuring spoon with nonstick cooking spray and place 1 teaspoon of dulce de leech in the center of the batter, then cover with the remaining batter. (The batter should cover the dulce de leech but will not fill the ramekin.)
- Place the steaming rack on the bottom of the inner pot and pour the water into the inner pot. Place the ramekins on the steaming rack, tilting them slightly if necessary to fit them. Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the ramekins. (It's not necessary to cover the ramekins tightly; the foil is there to prevent water from dripping onto the cakes.)
- Close and lock the lid. Set the valve to Sealing. press Manual or Pressure Cook and use the Pressure or Pressure Level button to select High Pressure. use the - or + button to set the time to 10 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle ends, carefully use a wooden spoon to release the pressure by turning the pressure-release valve to Venting.
- Press Cancel and remove the lid. Crefully remove the foil with tongs, trying to avoid spilling water on the cakes. Allow the cakes to cool in the appliance for 10 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins and dust the top of each cake with confectioners' sugar before serving warm.
Chocolate lava Cakes with Dulce de Leech are best served when freshly made.
Excerpted from How to Instant Pot by Daniel Shumski (Workman Publishing). Copyright © 2017.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 475kcal Calories from fat 365|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 41g||63%|
|Saturated Fat 23g||115%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|