7 Tips to Better Snacking with Laughing Cow Cheese
The Laughing Cow® invites consumers to take a mindful moment; to enjoy a tasty and satisfying snack experience at its best. Rich, creamy and delicious, The Laughing Cow® Spreadable Cheese Wedges are the perfect option to help consumers achieve that moment of ultimate snack satisfaction.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by The Laughing Cow via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of The Laughing Cow.
Being a food blogger can wreak havoc on your waistline. Sometimes I get careless and eat anything and everything in my path. Sometimes a taste turns into a bite and a bite turns into gluttony. I forget the importance of eating healthy snacks so I don’t become so ravenous I end up eating the entire contents of my refrigerator. Sometimes I’ll stop when the only things left are the items lost in the back. You know…the things that you don’t even remember what they were.
So, I come up with a plan to snack healthier and make sure I have everything I need in the house to achieve that goal. Healthy snacking is really challenging when I have cookies, pies and cakes lying around. Making sure I have healthy alternatives at the ready is key and this all begins at the grocery store. So, I create my list and always include lots of fruits and veggies….and cheese. I LOVE cheese and it’s the perfect way to get a little protein into your diet. The Laughing Cow tops my list every single time. It’s the perfect protein pairing and the portability can’t be beat. I’ve been snacking with The Laughing Cow cheese wedges for years and it was the perfect snack to throw in my lunch bag for work.
Here are some tips for loading up on healthy snacks while at the grocery store:
1. Create a list. Make sure it includes lots of fruits and vegetables along with a healthy protein like The Laughing Cow cheese wedges. They have a variety of flavors and sizes. Perfect for packing!
2. Before you leave the house, you should eat a snack….definitely eat a snack. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve gone to the store while starving and coming home with the craziest food. Lots of chips, pretzels and short ribs. Yep, I must have been hungry.
3. Shop the perimeter of the store, this is where your local grocer stocks all the “good for you” stuff. I like to start with the produce section and load up half my cart with REAL food. Next I hit the dairy aisle where I grab plenty of The Laughing Cow wedges….and butter. Because I must have my butter.
4. Avoid the middle aisles…this is where all the processed food is found. Try your hardest not to venture into these aisles, unless you need peanut butter…but you can make it yourself if you have no self-control. We’ll touch on that later. In the meantime….just eat some cheese.
5. At the checkout line, pick an aisle that is candy free. This will avoid that rogue candy bar from jumping into your cart. Sometimes it happens. It really does.
6. When unpacking your goodies, make sure you put all your snacks at eye level in the refrigerator. This way it’s right where you see it as soon as you open the door. You’re more likely to eat healthy snacks if it’s smack in front of you than if you have to go searching for it. Put the cheese front and center!
7. Remember to snack healthily during the day. By keeping processed carbs out of your house and replacing everything with healthy options, you won’t even have to think about it!
Let’s make a plan together and set a goal to eat two healthy snacks during the day. No potato chips or candy. This will help us make better choices at dinner too, since we won’t be starving and more apt to hit the drive through at the local fast food joint. Which I do a little more than I care to share.