Bunny Bait Trail Mix
A quick and easy treat for Easter that kids will love. Bunny Bait Easter Trail Mix is perfect for class parties or to leave as a treat for the Easter bunny, warning….this snack is highly addictive!
Bunny Bait Trail Mix
If you’re looking for an Easter treat that’s not just a chocolate egg or jelly beans, this easy Bunny Bait snack mix is just what you need. Crunch, sweet and coated in a white chocolate drizzle, you’ll be shoveling this in by the handful.
We love to make Bunny Bait for an after school snack or classroom treat but this is so fun to make just to keep little hands busy on a lazy afternoon during spring break.
It comes together easily and is our favorite snack for busy days.
Snack mix is great to make in advance to have on hand and we love to put bowls out around the room when entertaining on Easter Day.
It’s a pretty healthy snack minus the mini marshmallows, M&M’s Speckled Eggs and white chocolate…..the bunny grahams and popcorn are pretty ok. Right? Right?
Well, ok, it’s not THAT healthy but it’s not a Cadbury egg or a giant chocolate bunny that would cause the toddler class to bounce off the walls before crashing into a cranky mess due to the sugar overload.
Ingredients You will Need
- White Chocolate Candy Melts
- Food Coloring (I like the Gel Food Coloring)
- Microwave safe bowl
- Piping bags or zip top bag
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
Really, you can use any toppings you want for this easy trail mix recipe. What we used for this version is:
- Candy Coated Chocolates (M&M’s)
- Gummy Candy Carrots
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Bunny Graham Crackers
- Mini Flavored Marshmallows
The Easter Bunny loves this Easter Trail Mix, too….it’s perfect to leave as a “Thank You” snack the night before Easter. It’s hard work hiding all those eggs and filling all of those baskets with chocolate eggs….he/she will definitely need an energizing snack!
This is the one, cookies are far too fattening….let’s stick with the chocolate covered popcorn, cookies and candy. It’s a much better option. 🙂
More Easy Easter Desserts
- Mini Carrot Cake Cheesecakes
- Easter Oreo Truffles (Bunny Butt Truffles)
- BEST EVER Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cheesecake….so amazing
- The BEST New York Cheesecake
Want more fun and easy kid friendly treats? Follow us over on Instagram!
Get the Recipe: Bunny Bait Recipe
- 3 cups unsalted popped popcorn
- 1 10.9 ounce bag M&M Speck-tacular Milk Chocolate Eggs
- 5 ounces fruit flavored mini marshmallows, I used Jet Puffed Fun-Mallows
- 1 cup Cinnamon Bunny Grahams or graham cracker pieces, I used Annie’s Homegrown Cinnamon Bunny Grahams
- 1 cup cadbury mini eggs
- 1 cup gummy candy carrots
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- On a large baking sheet or parchment covered counter, spread out popcorn, chocolate eggs, marshmallows and graham cookies in an even layer being sure that everything is mixed well.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 15 second intervals mixing well each time until all the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add the chocolate to a pastry bag fitted with a small tip or to a ziplock bag with the corner snipped off.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn mixture and allow to cool completely, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Break the popcorn mixture apart and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.