Festive and bright, Peeps Stuck in the Mud is the Easter Chocolate Bark your kids will love. Dark chocolate studded with candy, eggs, Peeps and sprinkles are a fun take on the traditional chocolate bark recipe.
Hey guys! I’m on my way to Philadelphia right now for a quick Easter segment with my friends at Good Day Philadelphia! I have all sorts of fun things planned like these cute and easy cupcakes, my favorite chocolate treat and a sure fire way to get a glimpse of the Easter bunny with this sweet and crunch Bunny Bait! It’s gonna be sugar packed and fun filled. I wanted to share these Creme Brûlée Eggs but the chocolate would NOT cooperate and the whole recipe, basically, revolted on me. I made these tasty morsels so many times….of course, this is when they decide they’re not happening. So, I have a bowl of creme brûlée filling in my fridge waiting for something to fill….suggestions?
In the meantime, let’s talk about these Peeps Stuck in the Mud….aka Easter Chocolate Bark. The inspiration for this chocolate bark came to me last week when we had a ton of rain. Because we’re still in construction mode, our backyard is a huge mud pit…to put it mildly. So, I figured…why not make my yard out of chocolate and throw in some easter treats….because that’s what it will look like if it rains on Easter morning. (FWIW….we’ll be instructing the Easter Bunny to hide the eggs indoors this year.)
Peeps Stuck in the Mud….aka Easter Chocolate Bark is super easy to make. I melted all the chocolate in the microwave in under 2 minutes then spread it out on a baking sheet. Decorate any way you want, my little guy loves peeps so he was all about the more the better. I’m more of a “less is more” kinda gal. However you like, make it your’s.
Peeps Stuck in the Mud (Easter Chocolate Bark)
- 1 - 10 ounce bag Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 4 ounces White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Green food coloring
- 1 cup candy coated chocolate eggs
- 1/4 cup green sprinkles
- 6-8 marshmallow Peeps
- Place the dark chocolate wafers in a microwave safe bowl and milt in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each interval until smooth.
- Place the white chocolate wafers in a microwave safe bowl and milt in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each interval until smooth. Stir in 1-2 drops of green food coloring and stir to combine.
- Pour the dark chocolate onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spread to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Drop dollops of green chocolate onto the dark chocolate and then swirl with a knife.
- Scatter the eggs and sprinkles over the surface of the chocolate. Decorate with the Peeps.
- Allow the chocolate to cool at room temperature until it hardens and then break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.