Vibrant green Guacamole Salsa is just as brightly flavored as it is colored! Boldly fresh and flavorful ingredients like tomatillos, avocados, jalapeños, cilantro, and more are pureed together to create a truly delightful dip. Guacamole flavors with a salsa consistency give you the best of both worlds. Grab your favorite tortilla chips and dig in!
Is it almost Cinco de Mayo already? This year is truly flying by! I just wrapped up Easter beautifully, and now I have to prepare for another celebration of all of my favorite recipes. Goodbye pastels, and hello bold, fresh, and fiesta-inspired flavors! While I make this dip on Cinco de Mayo just about every year, I also make it throughout the rest of the year as well. Once you try it, you’ll see why I’m so hooked.
I love variety, which is why my Cinco de Mayo appetizer spread includes heavier options like Queso Fundido with Chorizo alongside this brightly flavored guacamole salsa. If you choose to serve multiple dips like I do, be sure to offer plenty of chips! After all, you can really never have just one or two chips with either delicious dip… Especially after a few Classic Margaritas!
Listen, I enjoy a jar of salsa just like everyone else – I’m not too proud to admit that! However, not a single jar of store-bought salsa can hold a candle to this freshly blended masterpiece. Made with all-natural ingredients, this easy to make guacamole salsa doesn’t just taste good, but it’s actually pretty good for you! Vitamin loaded ingredients blended together to smooth perfection that tastes like a celebration of flavor on each chip? Yes, please!
How to Make It
Making a salsa this good has never been so easy!
Blend the ingredients. Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth, approximately 1-2 minutes.
Season. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
Stir. Stir to combine.
Enjoy! Serve immediately in a bowl topped with fresh cilantro and crumbled cojita cheese, if desired.
Variations to Try
- The jalapeños add a little kick. If you’re not a fan of spice, you can swap them out for an equal amount of green bell pepper. That way, you still get the same consistency and a similar fresh flavor.
- Cumin is preferred, but coriander also works in a pinch! Both spices will add a level of warmth and depth to the salsa.
- All out of kosher salt? Flaky sea salt also works well!
Keep your guacamole salsa stored in an airtight food storage container in the fridge for up to 4 days. This is a great make-ahead recipe! I’ve found that while it’s still tasty on day 4, the most delicious results are enjoyed within the first 24 hours of blending it up.
Tips for the Best Guacamole Salsa
- This list of ingredients is FRESH! Keep all of your ingredients fresh for the best flavor. Your tomatillos shouldn’t be from a can, the jalapeños shouldn’t be pickled, and the garlic shouldn’t be pre-minced or in paste form. Oh, and you can forget about buying a bottle of lime juice!
- Like it hot? Make this guacamole salsa spicy by keeping the jalapeño seeds in the mix instead of tossing them out. Additionally, you can sprinkle in a little extra cayenne powder to taste.
- Make sure to scrape the sides of your blender/food processor after about 30 seconds of pulsing. We want to make sure that every single ingredient in the mix gets blended into the salsa. No greens left behind!
Have any more ripe avocados on hand? Here’s how to use them!
- The Very Best Guacamole
- Chili Spiced Mango Guacamole Salad
- Spicy Pineapple Guacamole
- Mango Crab Avocado Salad
For more easy Mexican inspired recipes, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: Guacamole Salsa
- 5 fresh tomatillos, husked and cut into quarters
- 1 large jalapeno, stem removed
- 2 avocados, pitted and quartered
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of cayenne, optional
- blender or food processor
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately in a bowl topped with fresh cilantro and crumbled cojita cheese, if desired.