Bunny Bait Trail Mix Recipe
A quick and easy treat for Easter that kids will love. Bunny Bait Easter Trail Mix is perfect for class parties or to leave as a treat for the Easter bunny, warning….this snack is highly addictive!
Originally published in April 2014, updated recipe and photos on April 19, 2019.
Landon has his first Easter party at school this week and he has no clue. If I tell him in advance he’ll ask me thirty-seven thousand times if it’s time for the party. And so, I’ve learned to not tell him anything that will get him overly excited and/or confused until the VERY.LAST.MINUTE.
He gets so excited whenever there’s fun involved. And snacks…..he’s a budding foodie.
Everyone is required to bring a snack on Thursday and the list was the usual….brownies, cookies, fruit, yogurt, cheese….I didn’t know this and had already decided to make my Bunny Bait for his class party. So, I added it to the list…Bunny Bait Easter Trail Mix. I’m wondering if anyone noticed. 🙂
It’s a pretty healthy snack minus the mini marshmallows, M&M’s Speckled Eggs and white chocolate…..the bunny grahams and popcorn are pretty ok. Right? Right?
Well, ok, it’s not THAT healthy but it’s not a Cadbury egg or a giant chocolate bunny that would cause the toddler class to bounce off the walls before crashing into a cranky mess due to the sugar overload.
My life is spent trying to avoid the toddler tantrums so this is my contribution to the cause.
What do you need to make Bunny Bait Snack Mix?
- White Chocolate Candy Melts
- Food Coloring (I like the Gel Food Coloring)
- Microwave safe bowl
- Piping bags or zip top bag
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
What ingredients are in Bunny Bait Snack Mix?
Really, you can use any toppings you want for this easy trail mix recipe. What we used for this version is:
- Candy Coated Chocolates (M&M’s)
- Gummy Candy Carrots
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Bunny Graham Crackers
- Mini Flavored Marshmallows
The Easter Bunny loves this Easter Trail Mix, too….it’s perfect to leave as a “Thank You” snack the night before Easter. It’s hard work hiding all those eggs and filling all of those baskets with chocolate eggs….he/she will definitely need an energizing snack!
This is the one, cookies are far too fattening….let’s stick with the chocolate covered popcorn, cookies and candy. It’s a much better option. 🙂
If you want a more adult Easter dessert, try these reader favorites:
- Mini Carrot Cake Cheesecakes
- BEST EVER Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Creme Brulee Chocolate Eggs
- Chocolate Cheesecake….so amazing
- The BEST New York Cheesecake
Get the Recipe: Bunny Bait Recipe
- 3 cups unsalted popped popcorn
- 1 10.9 ounce bag M&M Speck-tacular Milk Chocolate Eggs
- 5 ounces fruit flavored mini marshmallows, I used Jet Puffed Fun-Mallows
- 1 cup Cinnamon Bunny Grahams or graham cracker pieces, I used Annie's Homegrown Cinnamon Bunny Grahams
- 1 cup cadbury mini eggs
- 1 cup gummy candy carrots
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- On a large baking sheet or parchment covered counter, spread out popcorn, chocolate eggs, marshmallows and graham cookies in an even layer being sure that everything is mixed well.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 15 second intervals mixing well each time until all the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add the chocolate to a pastry bag fitted with a small tip or to a ziplock bag with the corner snipped off.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn mixture and allow to cool completely, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Break the popcorn mixture apart and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.