Cheese Stuffed Sliders with Balsamic Onion Jam // Video
Surprise your barbecue guests this summer with a surprise inside a burger! Cheese Stuffed Sliders with Balsamic Onion Jam are sure to be a hit on National Cheese Day as well as all summer long.
I love small food. I feel like if I am eating small food, I’m eating less…even if it ends up being more. And then I can try a bunch of different things and I’m not committed to eating one item that I may not like. I’m always that person at a restaurant that wishes I ordered what the other person is eating. It never fails…but if I ordered a bunch of small dishes then I would have a variety of things to eat, you know, just in case I didn’t like my entree. Like a back up plan.
This burger is a spin on a Juicy Lucy Burger we love at a local restaurant. That cheese stuffed burger is a standard sized beef burger and a total gut buster so I made a mini Juicy Lucy recipe because you can just enjoy one or two….or three.
Well, these sliders are small but you definitely will not need a back up plan. In fact, you may need to make a double batch. They’re that good. And the surprise inside is an oozy, melty cheese…like liquid gold…pouring out after your first bite. They are incredible. Your guests will melt…just like the cheese. They’re knee-buckling good. So, now that I’m thinking about it…you’re going to need to triple the batch because you may end up fighting over who gets the last one.
If necessary, making more is not a problem because they’re made with only five ingredients + VELVEETA®. Yep, that’s right…five (plus a few staples like salt, pepper and water). That includes the Balsamic Onion Jam, which cooks in a pan in just 15 minutes. These Cheese Stuffed Sliders are simple to prepare, you’re going to make a meat sandwich and place a small block of cheese inside. When you grill the mini burgers, the cheese melts into a liquidy, golden, pool of heaven. It’s seriously amazing. And the Balsamic Onion Jam provides a sweet contrast to the saltiness of the cheese and the beefy flavor of the burger. It’s a match made in burger heaven.
Cheese Stuffed Sliders with Balsamic Onion Jam should be on your barbecue menu all summer long. Perfect for an impromptu get together, your guests will think you slaved for hours! Serve them with my Smashed Potato Salad and you’ve got a serious party on your hands…or your deck. If you want a more substantial burger, try this Juicy Lucy which is just a BIG cheese stuffed burger. it’s amazing. Happy Summering, my friends!
Get the Recipe: Cheese Stuffed Sliders with Balsamic Onion Jam
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 vidalia onions, small dice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, I used 80/20
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided
- 6 ounces VELVEETA® Cheese, cut into six cubes
- 6 slider rolls
- Preheat the grill.
- To make the jam:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until they begin to turn golden and soften. Add a few tablespoons of water and cook until evaporated. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and stir to avoid sticking. Add the remaining water and cook until evaporated. Add the remaining vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook until evaporated, stirring constantly. Turn off the heat and set aside. (The mixture should be soft and broken down, like a lumpy jam.)
- To make the patties:
- Divide the beef into 12 equal pieces and form into patties approximately 1/4 inch thick. Place the cheese cubes on the center of six of the patties and place the remaining patties on top. Pinch the sides to form a tight seal.
- Grill the burgers over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Turn the burgers over and cook an additional 3 minutes or until done.
- Place the burgers on the roll with lettuce, if desired, and top with the jam. Place the top of the roll on the burger and serve immediately.
19 Comments on “Cheese Stuffed Sliders with Balsamic Onion Jam // Video”
Gorgeous sliders Kellie! Love the surprise in the middle. Also that balsamic onion. So tempting!
Love everything about this burger! And Velveeta melts SO well!
What a great burger. So so cheezy!
That balsamic onion jam alone is enough to get my tummy rumbling…but then the melty Velveeta center…delicious!
I want about 10 of these little gems
Oh my – that oozing cheese!! Looks amazing! I love easy recipes that look like you spent all day.
Just perfect looking gooey yummy cheese and that onion jam sounds awesome!
That photo is so inviting, with that cheese dripping out! Love the sound of that jam!
Oh my gosh girl! I can’t even believe how perfect that one shot is. The melty cheese! And that balsamic onion jam is to-die-for!
My goodness – that drip of Velveeta has me drooling!
Onion jam is the best for topping burgers!! And OMG to that gooey cheesy center. YES.
I would love to have the Chicken Stuffed Broccoli!
My mouth is watering! Looks amazing and something I know my family would enjoy.
These are delicious. Can they be assembled and then frozen for future grilling? Any one try this?
I haven’t tried freezing them but I’m sure they would work well if frozen and wrapped tightly before freezing.
Thanks. I decided to do a trial run.
Please let me know how they turn out! 🙂
Turned out good. Will make it easy day of slider party.
Excellent! Thanks so much for reporting back!