Cheese Stuffed Sliders with Balsamic Onion Jam // Video
Surprise your barbecue guests this summer with a surprise inside a burger! Cheese Stuffed Sliders with Balsamic Onion Jam are sure to be a hit on National Cheese Day as well as all summer long.
I love small food. I feel like if I am eating small food, I’m eating less…even if it ends up being more. And then I can try a bunch of different things and I’m not committed to eating one item that I may not like. I’m always that person at a restaurant that wishes I ordered what the other person is eating. It never fails…but if I ordered a bunch of small dishes then I would have a variety of things to eat, you know, just in case I didn’t like my entree. Like a back up plan.
Well, these sliders are small but you definitely will not need a back up plan. In fact, you may need to make a double batch. They’re that good. And the surprise inside is an oozy, melty cheese…like liquid gold…pouring out after your first bite. They are incredible. Your guests will melt…just like the cheese. They’re knee-buckling good. So, now that I’m thinking about it…you’re going to need to triple the batch because you may end up fighting over who gets the last one.
If necessary, making more is not a problem because they’re made with only five ingredients + VELVEETA®. Yep, that’s right…five (plus a few staples like salt, pepper and water). That includes the Balsamic Onion Jam, which cooks in a pan in just 15 minutes. These Cheese Stuffed Sliders are simple to prepare, you’re going to make a meat sandwich and place a small block of cheese inside. When you grill the mini burgers, the cheese melts into a liquidy, golden, pool of heaven. It’s seriously amazing. And the Balsamic Onion Jam provides a sweet contrast to the saltiness of the cheese and the beefy flavor of the burger. It’s a match made in burger heaven.
Cheese Stuffed Sliders with Balsamic Onion Jam should be on your barbecue menu all summer long. Perfect for an impromptu get together, your guests will think you slaved for hours! Serve them with my Smashed Potato Salad and you’ve got a serious party on your hands…or your deck. Happy Summering, my friends!
Cheese Stuffed Sliders with Balsamic Onion Jam
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 vidalia onions small dice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef I used 80/20
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper divided
- 6 ounces VELVEETA® Cheese cut into six cubes
- 6 slider rolls
- Preheat the grill.
- To make the jam:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until they begin to turn golden and soften. Add a few tablespoons of water and cook until evaporated. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and stir to avoid sticking. Add the remaining water and cook until evaporated. Add the remaining vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook until evaporated, stirring constantly. Turn off the heat and set aside. (The mixture should be soft and broken down, like a lumpy jam.)
- To make the patties:
- Divide the beef into 12 equal pieces and form into patties approximately 1/4 inch thick. Place the cheese cubes on the center of six of the patties and place the remaining patties on top. Pinch the sides to form a tight seal.
- Grill the burgers over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Turn the burgers over and cook an additional 3 minutes or until done.
- Place the burgers on the roll with lettuce, if desired, and top with the jam. Place the top of the roll on the burger and serve immediately.