Steak Shish Kabobs
Steak Shish Kabobs are perfect for parties! Tender, juicy marinated steak is skewered with an array of veggies and cooked on the grill in just about 10-15 minutes. Serve these mouthwatering skewers at your 4th of July bash or any other time you feel like firing up the grill with friends!
Steak Shish Kabobs
You know how I can tell it’s almost summertime? I keep staring at my grill and daydreaming (and drooling) over all of the grilled recipes I’m going to be cooking up! At the top of my list is, of course, these amazing steak shish kabobs. They’re low in carbs, high in protein and perfect for serving at parties of any kind. You’ll be shocked at how quickly they disappear!
The marinade is really what separates this shish kabob recipe from the others. I use my tried and true steak marinade recipe to really infuse the meat with flavor and make it SO tender and juicy! For all of the details on that marinade, just scroll down a little bit and you’ll see where I talk all about it. It’s made with a combination of bold ingredients that you might even already have in the kitchen.
While you can switch up what kind of veggies you want to use, I’ve found that the best combo is bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms. They all char so nicely on the grill and compliment the steak in the very best way! Plus, I really like the added nutrients I can sneak into this party food. Even the pickiest of eaters might get their protein and veggie fix with this easy grilled recipe.
How to Make Steak Shish Kabobs
Marinate the steak and fire up the grill! When the sun’s out and you’re craving some serious flavor, this is the easy recipe to turn to.
- Marinate the steak. Cut the steak into cubes that are about 1-inch big and place them in a bowl or a zip-top bag. Pour the marinade over the steak, making sure it fully covers every bite! Marinate the steak in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- Assemble the shish kabobs. Thread the marinated steak and medley of veggies on a skewer. Repeat this process until all of the ingredients have been used. Give each shish kabob a brush of steak marinade for extra flavor.
- Grill them. Grill the steak shish kabobs for about 5-10 minutes. I like to use an instant read thermometer to check the doneness of the steak – once it reads 145°F, they’re good to go!
- Rest. Let the skewers rest for about 10-15 minutes prior to serving.
While we do use bamboo skewers on occasion, I love a reusable option! These Stainless Steel Kabob Skewers are fantastic for shish kabobs.
What steak marinade should I use?
I always use my favorite steak marinade recipe and have the BEST results every single time! It’s got bold ingredients like balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, honey, Dijon mustard and plenty of seasonings that make steak simply irresistible.
My marinade adds a ton of flavor and helps to tenderize the meat. Just be sure to let the steak marinade for a minimum of 3 hours. I usually let it sit overnight to really give it time!
How long do you cook steak shish kabobs?
On the grill, these steak skewers really only need about 5-10 minutes to cook. With that being said, everyone likes their steaks cooked to varying degrees of doneness and every grill is a little bit different.
The best advice I can give you is to use an instant read thermometer and don’t stray too far from your grill! You’ll want to keep a close eye on these steak shish kabobs as they cook so you can make sure they don’t burn. This is a pretty quick recipe.
Keep that grill hot for more of my favorite recipes!
- Grilled Seafood Paella
- Grilled Chicken Spiedini with Garlic Butter Sauce
- Grilled Beer Brats
- Spicy Grilled Barbecue Ribs
Get the Recipe: Steak Shish Kabob Recipe
- 2 pounds Sirloin Steak
- 1 1/2 cups Steak Marinade
- 2 bell Peppers, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium sweet Onion, cut into bite sized chunks
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, cut in half if using larger mushrooms
- 8-10 Skewers, if using bamboo or wood skewers soak for 1 hour.
- 1 grill
- 8 8-10 bamboo skewers
- Cut the sirloin steak into 1 inch cubes and place in a shallow bowl or zip top bag.
- Pour the marinade over the steak and marinade for 3 hours or overnight.
- Thread the steak and vegetables onto a skewer and set aside. Thread the remaining ingredients on the rest of the skewers until all the kabobs have been assembled.
- Brush with steak marinade and set aside.
- Preheat the grill.
- Grill for 5-10 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145˚F on an instant read thermometer.
- Allow the skewers to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.