No Bake Banana Split Pie
All the flavors of a classic Banana Split layered into this creamy, light, no bake pie. Topped with chopped nuts, rainbow sprinkles and maraschino cherries, this is the ultimate party pie for any celebration….including the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! 🙂
I’ve had some requests for Meatless Monday recipes. And I have a ton of meatless meals in the recipe tab if you’re so inclined to check them out but, honestly, I don’t know if they’ve been posted on Monday. Which makes the recipe post a “Meatless Monday” post. I usually forget it’s Monday since I work almost 7 days a week on this blog and I’m more date oriented instead of being focused on days of the week. I rarely know what day it is….it’s a challenge for me.
But I do know that Meatless Mondays should include a meat-free recipe. So, I have one. This is the ultimate Meatless Monday post. And….I would serve this for dinner if I was feeling especially celebratory. Well, maybe not but I would definitely serve this on the first day of school! I believe that’s a celebration for moms and dads everywhere. And maybe a few kids but the novelty wears off for them…..fast. Like as soon as they cycle through their new school wardrobe. I remember. I was a kid once. 🙂
No Bake Banana Split Pie is my answer to Meatless Monday. Are you with me on this? Hey, I’m all for a nice Chopped Salad or Asian-Style Zucchini Noodles but once in awhile….dessert for dinner. That’s where it’s at. And it includes bananas and pineapples so there’s a healthy element in there. Whipped cream, peanuts, chocolate, strawberry, sprinkles….it’s all there! Oh…and don’t forget the cherries! BONUS, it’s surprisingly light! I could have eaten the whole pie myself. I didn’t. I sent it to work with Katie because sharing is caring. 🙂
So, who’s ready for the first day of school????
Get the Recipe: No-Bake Banana Split Pie
- 1 1/2 ups crushed Nilla wafers, about 8 ounces whole cookies
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 3/4 ounce package Banana Instant Pudding
- 1 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup pineapple
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons strawberry sundae topping
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- 10 maraschino cherries
- In a small bowl, mix the crushed Nilla wafers and butter until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate and up the sides to form the crust. Place the pie plate in the refrigerator to firm up for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Stir in the pineapple and set aside. Cut the banana into 1/4 inch slices. Line the bottom of the pie crust with the sliced bananas and pour the pudding mixture over top. Using a rubber spatula, spread the pudding to make sure it's level and return to the refrigerator to chill for 2-4 hours.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream and sugar with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Remove the pie from the refrigerator and top with the whipped cream using a rubber spatula.
- Warm the strawberry topping in the microwave for 15 seconds and then drizzle over the top of the pie. Drizzle the chocolate syrup over the pie and then sprinkle the peanuts and rainbow sprinkles over the surface. Top with the maraschino cherries and serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 8 hours.