The Green Juice
Get back on track by starting your morning off with a healthy green juice! Full of vitamins and nutrients, The Green Juice will give you more energy than your morning cup of coffee!
We are getting hammered with snow again. I’m so done. I’m ready for spring….I know it’s coming even though everywhere I look is covered with a thick blanket of snow. Bathing suit season is inevitable….it’s right around the corner.
And if you are like me, you ate your weight in ribs and wings and test kitchen potstickers. We need to cleanse. The Green Juice can do that for you. Don’t be scared of it….if you’ve never had a green juice before it can look a little intimidating….and smell a little like a freshly mowed lawn. But it’s tasty and smooth, you’re body will thank you and you will shout from the rooftops that you feel amazing! Well, maybe you won’t climb up to the roof but you will definitely feel amazing. Without the caffeine crash from your morning cup of coffee.
Some tips for you:
- This recipe uses a juicer….but you can also make it in the blender using my How-To. Just be sure to remove the peel from the lemon and ginger if you’re using the blender method. You will also need to core the apple and pear, as well as, roughly chop the celery.
- You can make this up to 5 hours in advance but the ingredients do separate…transfer the juice to a container with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously before drinking.
- You can substitute any of the ingredients to make this your very own Green Juice but this is the one that I enjoy….I’ve had many versions that I had to gag down while creating this recipe. Just warning you.
The Green Juice
- 3 cups raw kale
- 2 cups raw spinach
- 1 celery stalk (leaves included)
- 1 Anjou pear, cut in half
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 honeycrisp or Fuji apple, cut in half
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger
- Put all ingredients through the feed tube of a juice extractor, stir and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 22kcal Calories from fat 1|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|