A no cook side dish perfect for summer! This Asian Rice Noodle Salad packs a flavor punch and is loaded with fresh vegetables. Ready in minutes, it’s a great addition to any grilled dinner.
The countdown is on to the first day of school….I don’t know why but I feel like it’s in like three days. But, our schools don’t start until after Labor Day so we totally still have a whole month of summer left. I feel a little panicked, maybe because my baby boy is starting kindergarten and I know I have 13 long years of school starting. I remember….I remember the stress and angst of homework and friend drama and mom drama and PTA meetings and fundraisers and….I’m not looking forward to it. I wish my little guy could just stay home with me every single day and help me out in the kitchen with my recipe testing.
But….he can’t. And so we will venture on into the great unknown which is public school. Yay! He has a great adventure ahead of him and so do I….we will both be meeting new people and, most likely, making new friends. In the meantime, I’ll be working on some quick and easy recipes to help us all survive our very busy lives…whether you have kids or not.
This easy No Cook Asian Rice Noodle Salad is the perfect quick side dish for any dinner. Add a bit of protein like fish or chicken and this could easily double as a healthy lunch. It comes together quickly and you begin by cooking the noodles in hot water for a few minutes until tender. While the noodles “cook”, you can whisk together the dressing and chop your vegetables. So, so easy! It’s great with any grilled or pan seared meat like these Asian Style Pork Chops or these Chicken Drumsticks.
I served my No Cook Asian Rice Noodle Salad with this super easy Grilled Teriyaki Salmon I made for the Harry & David blog and it was a huge hit with the whole family. The sweet and tangy noodles paired perfectly with the glazed salmon and the whole thing was on the table in just about 15 minutes. You can’t beat that for an easy weeknight dinner!
- 1 6.75 ounce package thin rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Stir and allow to soften for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Add the bell pepper, cucumber, carrot, edamame, scallions and sesame seeds to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar, fish sauce, chili paste, honey, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the rice noodle salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerator for up to 6 hours.