The Best Pork Chop Marinade
Pork Chop Marinade features bold ingredients like pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and more. It’s the most amazing balance of sweet, tangy, and savory flavors, all of which get infused into your pork chops to make them the best that they can be. You’ll never make pork chops without this marinade after you try it!
Pork Chop Marinade
I seriously don’t think I can ever go back to making pork chops without this marinade again, especially when I feel like tossing them on the grill! The flavors here are what it’s all about. Sweet, savory, and tangy notes are created by a medley of bold ingredients that infuse the pork chops, making them anything but bland. Plus, all of the ingredients are simple and inexpensive, just the way I like it!
Pineapple juice and brown sugar create the best sweet flavor, which is enhanced just a little bit by the apple cider vinegar. However, the vinegar is mostly in the mix to add a tangy note and to help tenderize the meat from the acidity. If tough pork chops have ever been an issue for you, those days are over with! When marinated with just the right amount of apple cider vinegar, your pork will always turns out so tender and juicy.
Along with those ingredients, there’s also a mix of spices in the marinade that really send it over the top. Italian seasoning, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and cracked black pepper really help to create the most incredible flavor here. You can always feel free to play around with those seasonings and see what works best for you, but I’ve found that medley to be the perfect combination of savory flavors.
How to Make Pork Chop Marinade
Making this pork marinade recipe is just as easy as you think it is! Grab a whisk, a bowl, and a bag, and let’s get to work.
- Whisk. Add all of the measured ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk to fully combine.
- Marinate the pork chops. Place your raw pork chops in a large zip-top bag or bowl with a lid. Cover the pork chops in the marinade and make sure they’re all fully coated. Marinate for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Cook. Once they’re marinated, your pork chops can be cooked however you’d like. We, personally, love this Grilled Pork Chop recipe. Enjoy!
Can I make pork chop marinade ahead of time?
Yes, you sure can! Whisk together the ingredients for the marinade and keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. When you’re ready to marinate your pork chops, simply give the marinade one good whisk then use as instructed.
What does apple cider vinegar do to pork?
The acidity from the vinegar helps to slowly break down the proteins in the pork chops, making them deliciously tender once cooked. Also, apple cider vinegar is specifically used over other vinegars because of the subtle sweet taste that it lends the meat.
Can you marinate pork chops for too long?
Yes. All meat can be marinated for too long, so avoid that by only marinating your pork chops for up to about 10 hours. With that being said, don’t try to skimp on time, either! The pork chops need a minimum of 4 hours to marinate in order to really mingle with the flavors and develop that wonderful tender quality to the meat.
Master your kitchen with the best cooking basics!
Get the Recipe: Pork Chop Marinade Recipe
- 6 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 measuring cup
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl or measuring cup.
- Transfer to a large bowl or heavy duty zip top bag.
- Add pork chops and marinade for 4 hours or overnight.
- Cook pork chops any way you wish and discard marinade.