Summer’s greatest gift served up with a savory twist! Honey Ricotta Peach Crostini with Crispy Pancetta is the summer appetizer you’re going to serve again and again. Quick and easy to make with just a few readily available ingredients, this one will carry you well into the fall party season.
We’ve been beaching pretty hard lately. I’m back at the Jersey shore once more because we did a quick Fox 29 segment this morning and it couldn’t have been more beautiful outside. They were calling for rain and the clouds parted ways as soon as I arrived at the marina. It was the PERFECT summer morning. We talked beach hacks and made a few cocktails that are totally beach friendly which I didn’t PLAN to share here but will definitely be adding them next week when I get home. They were a huge hit with everyone there which, usually, indicates that YOU all will love them too. And since I like to share everything with all of you, you’re going to be all like “Whaaaat???” when you see it. But trust me, this one is seriously genius. Just like this Honey Ricotta Peach Crostini with Crispy Pancetta. It’s simply irresistible.
I mentioned before how I’m kind of a lazy person and I’ve learned to not be ashamed about it one bit. I like to lounge around and eat chips. That’s real life. But my laziness pays off in ways that some people just don’t understand….like I find ways to make super impressive appetizers for parties that take me no time at all. And with as little dishes as possible. Then, I can hang out and enjoy my friends when I’m entertaining because that’s why I had them over in the first place. So I can enjoy their company. Right?
Well, this Honey Ricotta Peach Crostini with Crispy Pancetta is so simple it’s silly. The only thing you cook is the bread and it takes about 2 minutes on a grill just to get it golden and crispy. AND if you’re super lazy (or just tired) you can totally skip this step and nobody will even know it was supposed to be crispy. Spread with a simply mixture of honey and ricotta cheese, top with a few slices of fresh peaches (I didn’t even PEEL them!), a few pieces of crisped up pancetta (ok, I lied…you do have to cook something but the pancetta takes seconds in a frying pan, I swear) and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
I mean, really, have you ever seen an appetizer or snack that looks that fabulous and is so, sooooo incredibly easy? Except for these Strawberry Caprese Skewers, of course. Or this Shrimp Cocktail. Or these Pigs in a Blanket. Well, ok…I’ve had lots of practice but now you can get to know your friends even better because you won’t be holed away in the kitchen for your entire party.
Honey Ricotta Peach Crostini with Crispy Pancetta
- 16 baguette slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pancetta
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 large peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
- Lightly brush both sides of the bread with olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill the bread for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden and crispy. Transfer to a platter and set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook the pancetta over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until it begins to crisp. Flip the pancetta over and continue cooking until crispy.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ricotta and honey. Spread one 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture onto a baguette slice. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Top each piece of bread with a few slices of peaches and divide the pancetta evenly among the crostini.
- Drizzle the crostini with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with basil. Serve immediately.
Ricotta mixture can be made up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container.
Bread can be grilled up to 6 hours in advance and stored at room temperature.
Pancetta can be cooked up to 3 hours in advance and stored at room temperature.