Everything Pigs in a Blanket
Everything Pigs in a Blanket are a great game day snack! Mini franks wrapped in puff pastry then topped with an easy Everything Spice Blend. So easy to make and even easier to eat!
Ok…so you all know by now that I’m not a big sports nut but I can get into a big game when there’s a local team inching their way to the championship. Like this year….Villanova has made it to the Final Four and it’s pretty exciting in and all around Philadelphia. It’s a very big deal. It makes me want to go back to college and be young again….with no bills or small children banging on the door while you’re trying to go to the bathroom. When all you have to think about is yourself….what you’re going to do on a Friday night, who you’re going to hang out with and what you’re going to eat. I still think about what I’m going to eat every single minute of the day but I’m usually parked on the chair in the corner of the living room every Friday night. I’m wild and crazy like that.
But this Saturday….I’ll be keeping my eye on the Wildcats as they fight their way to the finish line, cheering them on with a mouthful of chili cheese dip and THESE Everything Pigs in a Blanket. I’m not sure how the tradition of stuffing ourselves while watching sporting events came about but I’m in. It’s like my last hoorah before another “Monday” begins when I attempt to get myself to the gym. I’ll be eating for energy this weekend and dipping my new favorite food into various mustards and barbecue sauce while washing it all down with a frosty beer.
Everything Pigs in a Blanket are really simple to make. I used store bought crescent dough, cut it into little strips and brushed them all with a little dijon mustard before wrapping up the little dogs in their “blanket.” THEN I gave each “pig” a little brush of egg wash and a sprinkling of Everything Bagel Spice…which is also super simple to make. (It’s fabulous on these parmesan crisps, too!)
So easy, so tasty…no need for dip but I serve them anyway. Just use a variety of different mustard, a little ketchup (homemade is great!) or a bit of barbecue sauce. A sprinkling of Tabasco doesn’t hurt either. And whether your team wins or loses…at least you know your guests are leaving happy and not hungry! Looking for a classic? Try THESE Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket!!!
Everything Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 package refrigerated crescent dough (I used Pillsbury Crescent Dough Seamless Sheet
- 1 14 ounce package Mini Beef Franks
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Everything Bagel Spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the crescent dough and cut into strips approximately 1 inch wide by 2 inches long. Brush the dough with a thin layer of dijon mustard. Wrap each frank in the dough and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment seam side down.
- Brush the top of each "blanket" with egg and sprinkle with Everything spice. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up.
- Serve immediately