20-Minute Artichoke Asparagus and Sausage Pasta Skillet
Disclaimer: This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Barilla®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #OnePotPasta http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Loaded with spring vegetables and sausage, this Artichoke Asparagus and Sausage Pasta Skillet is ready in just 20-minutes and all in one skillet. No pre-cooking pasta to add to the dish either, this pasta is cooked right in the pan creating a light and creamy sauce.
Regardless of how early I get up in the morning and start my day, I inevitably run out of time. I could crawl out of bed before the birds and start working before the sun comes up but I always, always scramble when the sun is setting to get dinner on the table…clean the dishes, straighten up the kitchen, fold laundry and prep for the next day….all so I can get everything done the next day without having anything hanging over my head from the previous day. This leads to the problem of dinner. And piles of dishes. Which I absolutely hate with a roaring passion. I’m sure I’m not alone in my hatred of dirty towers of pots and pans. Am I right?
That’s why one-pot dinners are king in my house. I try to create as many as possible so I have an arsenal of quick, easy to clean up dinners on hand for days when 5:00 sneaks up on you with absolutely no warning. Pasta dishes are the favorite here and Barilla Pronto makes them even easier now. Barilla Pronto requires no pre-cooking of the pasta, just add to your favorite pasta recipes with a little extra water or broth and cook it right in the same pan while whipping up your latest pasta dish. Like this 20-Minute Artichoke Asparagus and Sausage Pasta Skillet that my family LOVED!
Everything is cooked right in one skillet….sausage, artichokes and asparagus…then you just add the pasta (I used penne) with water and milk. Cook about 8 minutes or until the pasta is al dente and serve. The water, milk and starch combine to create a light, creamy sauce. I stirred in some lemon zest and basil at the end to punch up the flavor a little bit and it was simply amazing. Barilla Pronto comes in a variety of pasta shapes and sizes. I found my pasta at ShopRite and they currently have an in store offer on Barilla Pronto Pasta (No Coupon Needed): Buy any FOUR (4) Barilla® Pronto™ pasta products for $5.00 or $1.25 each available until 5/16/15 while supplies last.
So stock up now and you can use their pasta in so many time saving dinners like my Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet or One-Pot Spaghetti and Meatball Stew. Both of these recipes are huge hits in my house and I love that I only have one pot to clean. With the warmer weather coming, I would much rather be outside listening to the frogs while sipping on a Boozy Strawberry Sweet Tart Slushie than inside dealing with a sink full of dishes. Who’s with me?
Get the Recipe: 20-Minute Artichoke Asparagus and Sausage Pasta Skillet
- 8 ounces hot italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 ounces Barilla Pronto penne
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, brown the sausage until no longer pink breaking apart into small bite sized pieces with a fork. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a bowl and set aside.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the skillet and add the onion. Cook over med-high heat until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for one minute or until fragrant. Stir in the artichokes, asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes continuing to cook of another minute. Stir in the pasta, water, milk, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the pasta is al dente (approximately 8 minutes), stirring occasionally. When the pasta is cooked and the sauce is creamy, stir in the lemon zest and basil. Serve immediately.