Greek Cucumber Noodle Salad
Light and refreshing, cucumber noodles made using a spiralizer are tossed with fresh vegetables, kalamata olives and feta cheese to make a great summer salad. Greek Cucumber Noodle Salad is a wonderful addition to any barbecue or picnic.
This is the most wonderful time of the year. When the weather is around 70 degrees and you still can wear jeans but have long ditched the winter coat. That giant, puffy, cumbersome coat. When you have to run an errand or two and can just slip on a pair of shoes, hop in the car and be on your way. No scraping windows, pulling on heavy boots, crunching along the frozen tundra that used to be your driveway. It’s all over. 🙂 Now…the grass is green, the birds are chirping, those flowering white trees smell really funky. (What the heck are those trees anyway…and why do they smell SOOO bad?)
It’s time for salads. Lots of fresh, healthy (and not so healthy) salads to nosh on. This is the time of year when going to the farmers market is equally exhilarating and overwhelming. There’s so many things to choose from….I want to buy it all. Tomatoes start to make their appearance, fresh local bell peppers, blueberries, strawberries, corn on the cob…..I.Can’t.Wait. So, I dusted off my Spiralizer and whipped up this Greek Cucumber Noodle Salad to celebrate my neon green lawn. It’s light and healthy, refreshing and bursting with amazing flavor.
Simple to make, you don’t even need a spiralizer to make it. You can just make cucumber ribbons using a vegetable peeler or it’s equally delicious is you just slice the cucumber into thin rounds. Once you toss the Greek Cucumber Noodle Salad with the dressing you need to serve it immediately. This salad is best when eaten right away because it will become watered down. If you need some make ahead salads for your picnic or barbecue you may want to try my Chopped Broccoli Salad with Cherries and Feta or Blueberry Feta and Quinoa Salad. Both of them are fantastic when made a few hours in advance and they pair well with all sorts of grilled dishes like my Grilled Lemon and Herb Lamb Chops.
Get the Recipe: Greek Cucumber Noodle Salad
- 1 english cucumber, cut in half
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Using a spiralizer, cut your cucumbers into ribbons and place in a large bowl. (If your ribbons seem extra long, cut them into smaller pieces for more manageable bites.) Add the tomatoes, onion, pepper, olives, cheese and parsley. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the dressing gently with the salad and serve immediately.