You only need 4 simple ingredients to make this easy Almond Bark! It’s great for gifting to family and friends during the holidays and it’s super low stress. Bites of crunchy almonds are spread throughout dark chocolate that has just a hint of almond flavor. A white chocolate drizzle on top makes it picture perfect!
Does anyone else feel like they’re nearing the end of the cooking and baking marathon that is the holiday season? Ever since Thanksgiving, I’ve been a tossing together a whirlwind of recipes in my kitchen! Because I’ve been so busy, I absolutely love having easy recipes like this almond bark to use when I need something quick, delicious, and EASY!
You only need 4 ingredients for this recipe. Dark chocolate melting wafers, almond extract, white chocolate melting wafers and whole raw almonds. You might just already have everything you need in your kitchen right now! And no worries, if you don’t have (or can’t find) melting wafers, you can just swap them with some chopped chocolate bars.
If you’re panicking over what to bring to your next cookie exchange, you’ve found it! Almond bark is always a huge hit because it’s just such a classic. It’s got no unnecessary frills you don’t want and all of the chocolatey, crunchy goodness that everyone loves. Plus, with how budget friendly it is, you can make several batches without breaking the bank!
How to Make Almond Bark
Take a quick look at how to make homemade almond bark! Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of this page for more detailed instructions.
- Prepare. Cover a baking sheet with a large piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate. Place the dark chocolate in a bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time to melt it. Stir each time the timer stops until the chocolate is smooth.
- Add the first layer. Mix the almond extract into the melted chocolate. Pour half of the melted chocolate onto the baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate into an even layer.
- Melt the white chocolate. Place the white chocolate into another bowl. Microwave it just like you did the dark chocolate until it’s melted and smooth.
- Add the white chocolate. Drizzle half of the melted white chocolate all over the dark chocolate. Use a knife to drag lines in opposite directions to create a pretty swirl.
- Add almonds. Sprinkle half of the almonds all over the white chocolate. Then, pour on the remaining dark chocolate.
- Repeat. Drizzle on more white chocolate and repeat the swirling process again. Add more almonds and an optional sprinkle of sea salt.
- Let it set. Allow the bark to set at room temperature. Depending on what temperature your house is, this could take up to 1 hour. Once set, cut it into pieces and enjoy or store for later.
Store your chocolate almond bark in an airtight container at room temperature for about 5-7 days. No need to refrigerate. Pieces of almond bark make the best gifts to give to friends and neighbors because you know they’ll last quite a while on their kitchen counter!
Do I have to use melting wafers?
Nope! You can just use a chopped bar of chocolate in place of melting wafers. No matter which one you use, just be sure you don’t scald the chocolate in the microwave! Stir every 30 seconds (or less) to distribute the heat evenly and keep it nice and smooth.
Check out more of the best easy Christmas candy recipes!
Get the Recipe: Almond Bark Recipe
- 1 pound dark chocolate melting wafers or chopped chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 pound white chocolate melting wafers or chopped white chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups whole raw almonds
- 1 baking sheet
- Cover a baking sheet with a piece of parchment and set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments on high heat stirring in between each interval until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the extract and immediately pour 1/2 the melted chocolate on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the chocolate into an even layer using a spatula.
- Place the white chocolate in a separate microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments on high heat stirring in between each interval until melted and smooth.
- Dizzle 1/2 the white chocolate over the dark chocolate in horizontal lines and then drag a knife through the lines in the opposite direction to create the swirl.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the almonds over top and then pour the remaining dark chocolate on top of the dark chocolate.
- Repeat the white chocolate drizzle on top of the chocolate and create the swirl with the knife.
- Top with the remaining almonds and sprinkle with sea salt, if using.
- Allow the chocolate to set at room temperature (this can take up to 1 hour depending on how chilly your house is.)
- Once set, cut the bark into pieces and store at room temperature.