Apple Walnut M&M’s® Blondies with Apple Cream Cheese Glaze
Easy to make Apple Walnut M&M’s® Blondies are perfect in the lunch box or as an after school snack. Topped with a simple Apple Cream Cheese Glaze, these addictive treats will be a favorite all season long.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
This morning, I woke up to a slight chill in the air. And the sound of a school bus climbing up the hill in front of my house….it’s out for a test run today. School starts in just a few days which marks the unofficial end of summer, whether you like it or not. The lazy summer days will now be filled with busy school nights (if you have kids), football games, tailgating, pumpkin picking, leaf raking and apple everything. Apple pie, apple picking, apple cider….it’s just about time to embrace the fact that you will be donning a thick, bulky sweater in just a few short weeks.
I love apple anything, it’s sweet and fruity…the perfect addition to any baking recipe. I tend to bake a lot more when the weather gets cooler and I like to make things that are quick, easy and great for the lunch box. Occasionally, I’ll reach for the stars and bake something like this epic Apple Pie Layer Cake that’s going gangbusters on Pinterest right now but…that’s not really an every day treat. I mean, imagine putting that in a lunchbox…not happening. So, I like to make things like epic brownies and easy Apple Walnut M&M’s® Blondies with a simple Apple Cream Cheese Glaze.
They’re super easy to make using Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Cake Mix, Mott’s® Apple Juice, M&M’s® Harvest Milk Chocolate and Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Icing. Sometimes I like shortcuts and this was one of those times. I bought all the ingredients at my local Walmart. You can even download a coupon for the M&M’s® to save even more. A few tweaks to the cake recipe and you have moist, gooey, sweet blondies that are speckled with walnuts and chocolate. They have a hint of apple flavor throughout which pairs perfectly with the walnuts and the glaze is, basically, cream cheese frosting thinned out a little bit with Mott’s® apple juice. So simple….and oh, so good. They would be impossibly amazing with the new M&M’s® Pecan Pie flavor which you can find at Walmart!
Apple Walnut M&M’s® Blondies with Apple Cream Cheese Glaze are the perfect after school snack or pick me up after a long day at a fall harvest festival. They pack well for a leaf peeping picnic and are great when your snacking in the closet so the kids don’t find you. You may not want to share these…just sayin’. They’re wonderful to snack on while sipping a Snapple® Apple, also available at Walmart. Now you know what I do….what’s your favorite fall activity?
Get the Recipe: Apple Walnut M&M's® Blondies with Apple Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Golden Butter Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Mott's® Apple Juice, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup M&M's® Harvest Milk Chocolate
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, 1/4 cup apple juice, eggs, butter, walnuts and M&M's® until well blended. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and transfer to the oven. Bake for 25-30 minute until the edges are golden brown and the center is almost set. Transfer to the pan to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Carefully remove the blondies from the pan by lifting out using the parchment and transfer to the cooling rack to cool completely, approximately 20 minutes.
- While the blondies cool, whisk together the cream cheese frosting with the remaining apple juice and drizzle the mixture over the cooled blondies. Allow to set for 15-20 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Blondies will keep in an airtight container for 1 week at room temperature.
One Comment on “Apple Walnut M&M’s® Blondies with Apple Cream Cheese Glaze”
These look amazing! What a perfect Fall dessert. I can’t wait to make these blondies for my family!