Chocolate Cornflake Candy
With only four simple ingredients called for, making a batch of homemade Chocolate Cornflake Candy couldn’t be easier! This tasty treat is crunchy, chewy, and oh so chocolatey. Whether you make it all by yourself or have the kids help out, you’re going to love this easy-peasy homemade candy recipe!
Chocolate Cornflake Candy
I love making no-bake recipes, especially when they’re for sweet treats like this! Not having to preheat an oven is always a pleasure. Plus, the phrase “no-bake” translates to “easy” in my brain, and that’s totally true for this recipe! With just four inexpensive ingredients (hello, budget friendly!) and super simple steps, there’s no reason not to make this delectable chocolate cornflake candy.
Besides just being a cinch to whip up, this candy is also downright delicious! There’s a reason I make it all the time, especially during Christmas cookie exchange season. It’s chewy from the addition of corn syrup, chocolatey as can be from the chocolate chips, and of course crunchy from the cornflakes. Oh, and there’s a little sugar in there too to keep things nice and sweet, as all candy should be!
If you have little ones that want to help out in the kitchen, this is the perfect recipe for you. They’ll love helping you stir all of the ingredients together, and they’ll really love dropping the candies onto your baking sheet. Just don’t be too surprised if your kids are anything like mine and sneak a few bites here and there! To be honest though, I’m just as bad about sneaking those little bites too.
How to Make It
Boil. In a large saucepan or pot, stir together the sugar and corn syrup over medium high heat. Bring to a boil.
Make it chocolatey. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips until melted.
Make it crunchy. Add corn flakes and stir to combine.
Drop ’em! Drop by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a baking mat.
Enjoy! Cool to room temperature and serve.
Store. Store the candies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Sugar – Make sure you’re just using plain white granulated sugar here as your sweetener. No need for anything fancy!
- Light corn syrup – You can use dark corn syrup, but just note that the flavor will be a little bit different. Light corn syrup has a milder flavor than dark. Dark corn syrup has molasses in it, which adds a much richer flavor to the dessert as a whole. However, it will still act as the chewy bonding agent that it needs to be either way.
- Semisweet chocolate chips – I find that using semisweet chocolate chips in this recipe really gives you the best of both worlds. You get the slight bitter richness of dark chocolate, while still being balanced by the subtle sweetness of milk chocolate. With that being said, if you’d prefer to just use dark or milk chocolate, that also works as well.
- Corn flakes – Any brand should do the job just fine! If you want to pinch a penny and use the generic store brand, go for it. So far, I haven’t used a bad brand for these candies and I feel like I’ve tried them all!
Other fun ingredients you could toss in there include sprinkles, M&M candies, nuts, and more! If you want to get a little creative with these simple candies, go for it. It’s a wonderfully customizable recipe.
Keep that oven off and enjoy more of my favorite no-bake treats!
- No Bake Haystack Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- No Bake Cherry Pecan Chia Energy Bites
- No Bake Peppermint Bark Cookies
Get the Recipe: Chocolate Cornflake Candy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 cups corn flakes
- In a large saucepan or pot, stir together the sugar and corn syrup over medium high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips until melted.
- Add corn flakes and stir to combine.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a baking mat.
- Cool to room temperature and serve.