Easy Microwave Fudge
If you want a quick, delicious, chocolatey dessert, then you have to make easy microwave fudge! This treat is both rich and hassle free – what’s not to love? Make a batch today and prepare to be obsessed.
This Christmas season, surprise everyone at the cookie exchange with these fudge squares. They’re so insanely decadent, no one will ever believe they were made in the microwave! Honestly, I’ve tried fudge from candy shops and have whipped it up myself a million different ways… Not a single bite of fudge was as tasty as the one from my microwave.
What’s the best part about the holidays? The FOOD, of course! As much as I love making fabulous desserts, especially around Christmas, sometimes I struggle with finding the time. Instead of worrying about spending hours baking something, all while trying to wrap presents and clean the house, try this trusty chocolate fudge recipe instead. It’s quick, tasty, and oh so effortless.
How To Make Homemade Fudge
Did I mention this recipe is easy? Well, it bears repeating! You only need 3 ingredients and about 5 minutes of your time to make the fudge itself. The only hard part is going to be keeping your kids (and probably yourself) away from it while it cools!
On Christmas morning, it’s a total lifesaver to make a batch of this fudge. By only taking about 5 minutes to make, you’ll be able to dedicate more of your time to making your main course and side dishes while your fudge cools. So, take some stress out of your holiday and try out this time saving dessert!
- To start off, place the ingredients in a bowl. Use a large enough bowl to fit all of the ingredients, but still small enough to fit in the microwave. Obviously, it’ll need to be microwave safe, too!
- Heat it up. After you mix everything together, pop the bowl in the microwave for about 3-5 minutes. Make sure you stop every 30 seconds to stir! If you don’t stir the fudge in 30 second increments, you’ll end up burning the chocolate and not having a smooth final product.
- Once the mixture is finished heating, it should have a smooth, chocolatey texture. Make sure to keep microwaving and stirring until there are no bumps, that way you end up with the perfect velvety product.
- Spread the mixture. Gently spread the heated fudge mixture into a prepared 8×8 baking dish. Try to smooth it out as evenly as possible, that way each square of fudge ends up being the same size.
- Let it cool. If you have little ones in the house, this step is the most challenging! The fudge needs to be cooled for 2-4 hours or until firm before you slice into it.
- Cut it, and enjoy! Once the fudge has cooled and is ready to serve, cut it up neatly into 1 inch squares and enjoy!
How can I make it more festive?
While I love classic fudge the most, there are plenty of ways to create more Christmas cheer here! Try adding peppermint bits, red and green sprinkles, or colorful chocolate to the mix to make a fudge that Buddy the Elf would approve of.
How long will it stay fresh?
In an airtight container, this easy microwaveable fudge will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks at room temperature. Need it to stay fresh for longer than that? Keep it in the airtight container and move it to the fridge, where it can stay fresh for 3-4 weeks.
Whether you’re making these just for fun, bringing a batch to a cookie exchange, or using this recipe as your main Christmas dessert, you’re going to see so many smiles!
Still looking to satisfy your sweet tooth? If you still have fudge on the brain, be sure to check out my recipe for hot fudge brownie sundae bites. If you need more cookies to leave for Santa, try the very best gingerbread cookie recipe or cream cheese spritz cookies!
Get the Recipe: Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Place the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 3-5 minutes at 30 second increments stirring each time until smooth.
- Pour into a 8×8 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray and lined with parchment leaving a 1 inch overhang for each lifting.
- Chill for 2-4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 1 inch squares.