CopyCat Apricot Macadamia Kind Bars
Crunchy macadamia nuts and apricots are blended with puffed rice, honey and coconut for a splendid creation that will keep you energized and satisfied. Sweet, crisp, buttery this take on the popular Kind bars is simple to make and great for on-the-go snacks.
I’ve been searching for Apricot-Macadamia Kind Bars for months. I used to stockpile them and eat them when I realized I hadn’t eaten all day. Ironic as it sounds….being a food blogger and everything. Sometimes I don’t have time to eat. I taste and taste and taste all day long so I’m rarely hungry. But batter and frosting and gravies alone do not make a proper meal. So I try to keep some healthy convenience foods around just in case I realize I have only eaten sugar and fat all day long. Kind Bars are my favorite go-to snack for this. (Just an FYI…this is not a paid post.)
My favorite has always been the Apricot-Macadamia bar. It was simple and tasty, buttery and crunchy. It always took the edge off my hungry instantly and I always, always had one in my bag to fight off the hangries. Then one day, when I was replenishing my stockpile I realized the store was out of them. And when I went back…they were out of them again. I sped home and immediately tried to order them on the internet and guess what……they were discontinued. Sadness swept over me. It was a depressing moment. Now, drama aside…I love their other flavors but this one….this one was THE ONE.
So, I did what any self-respecting food blogger would do. I created my own. And it only takes a few minutes to mix everything in a bowl….it takes them longer to bake but really, how hard is that. The hardest part is not eating the whole pan. They’re so good I decided not to tell my family how awesome they were because they rarely dig into anything around the house unless I give the green light. They’ve been burned before so they are very skeptical now. Which, in this case, is a very good thing. I think. Because I had the whole pan to myself. All 10 bars. And I ate them all myself….in two days. (I’m having flashbacks to when I made my No-Bake Cherry Pecan Chia Energy Bars.)
Note: These bars are on the softer, crumbly side. They are not super stiff like a crunchy granola bar.
Get the Recipe: CopyCat Apricot Macadamia Kind Bars
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1/3 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients and pour into prepared pan. Lightly spritz your hands with cooking spray and press the mixture down into an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Transfer the pan to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely. When cool, carefully lift the bars out of the pan using the edges of the parchment and place on a cutting board. Cut into 10 bars and wrap individually in parchment. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.