Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dairy, egg and nut free Chocolate Chip Cookies taste just like a traditional chocolate chip cookie. Crisp on the outside, chewy inside and perfect for any occasion, even that holiday cookie tray.
Happy Saturday, friends! Are you surprised to see me? I originally wanted to post this recipe yesterday but life…it gets in the way sometimes, ya know? I used to host a cookie swap in the office when I worked outside the home. I kinda miss it so I asked some of my friends to share their favorite cookie recipe for the blog. It’s my way of running a virtual cookie swap and guess what….they came up with some great recipes that I never would have thought of. So…here I am with this amazing Allergy Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookie from my friend Bridget, she’s like the Einstein of allergy free cooking. She’s the mom of a child with a handful of food allergies and had to come up with creative ways to cook without common items we take for granted, especially when baking. Milk….eggs….butter….can you imagine? I tried….it’s tough.
Believe it when I say…..these Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies taste just like a traditional chocolate chip cookie. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside…you really can’t tell the difference. And she even found dairy-free chocolate chips that are pretty amazing. The perfect swap, in my opinion. The cookies are perfect for those end of year school parties…so many kids have allergies these days I always worry about baking my own treats. These cookies take the worry out of sharing with friends and family with allergies. The one thing they do contain is wheat…they are not gluten-free. But you could easily fix that by swapping out the flour for an all-purpose gluten-free baking mix.
Try adding these Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies to your cookie packages (in their own container so there’s no cross contamination, please), nobody will even know the difference….I promise. And so many more people will be able to enjoy the love you created in the kitchen.
Get the Recipe: Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup regular flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cup milk-free unsalted butter, softened (I used Fleischmann's)
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package dairy-free chocolate chips, I use Enjoy Life semi-sweet milk-free Mega Chunks
- In a small bowl, whisk together 4 tablespoons water, oil and 4 teaspoons baking powder. (This is your egg replacer.) Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a hand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Slowly add the vanilla and egg substitute blending to incorporate. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets and transfer to the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden and crisp. Allow the cookies to cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely.