Easy Lemon Curd
Bright, tangy and smooth, an Easy Lemon Curd Recipe using up winter’s most popular citrus. Fresh lemons are used to create a creamy, custardy delight that’s wonderful on pastries, in tarts or just enjoy by the spoonful.
If you’re looking for a bright, taste of sunshine in the dead of winter…..boy, do I have the recipe for you. This rich, creamy Homemade Lemon Curd is just what you need to wake up those tastebuds and convince them that summer is right around the corner. Even though…..it is not.
What is Lemon Curd?
Lemon Curd is a flavorful spread made with simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. It’s a great addition to cakes, pastries, or as a topping for tarts and has the consistency of pudding.
Perfectly balanced between sweet and tart, this easy Lemon Curd is smooth, creamy and beautifully vibrant in lemon-y flavor.
How To Make Lemon Curd
This Easy Lemon Curd Recipe takes just minutes to make with just three ingredients….lemons, sugar and butter.
- Pulse the sugar and lemon zest in a food processor to break down the zest a bit. I’m not a big fan of curds that are swimming with long strands of zest that were unable to break down during the cooking process, so the food processor takes care of that a bit.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar mixture together until light, fluffy and a pale yellow color. Then whisk in the juice.
- Cook the mixture until it’s thick and creamy, smooth and irresistible.
- Stir in the butter until smooth and creamy.
Now…you can either dig in with a spoon or create some wonderful treats to usher in some of that Spring weather we’re all hoping for.
How To Use Lemon Curd
We even used it to make these Blueberry Lemon Rolls….they’re simply perfect for brunch!
More Easy Fruit Spread Ideas
Get the Recipe: Easy Lemon Curd Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 lemons, zested and juiced
- 5 egg yolks
- 8 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 saucepan
- Add the sugar and zest to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse the sugar and zest until moistened and the zest has broken down until smaller bits. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the egg yolks to the sugar mixture and whisk until smooth, approximately 1 minute.
- Whisk in the lemon juice (you should have 1/3 of a cup, if not…add a bit more lemon juice).
- Fill a medium saucepan with enough water to measure 1 inch up the side of the pan. Bring the water to a simmer.
- Place a heat proof bowl over the saucepan (bowl should not be touching the water) and pour the lemon mixture into the bowl.
- Whisk the mixture until thickened and can coat the back of a spoon, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Immediately remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the butter, two cubes at a time. Stir the butter until completely melted before adding more.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.