Grilled S’mores Pizza
Ooey, gooey, s’mores toppings on a crispy, charred crust. Grilled S’mores Pizza is a classic summer recipe reinvented. Kids and adults will love biting into the crispy crust with melted chocolate and marshmallows.
Day 3 of summer and so far, so good. 🙂 We had an insanely hot day yesterday hitting the triple digits for the first time this year and then it ended with a showstopper of a thunderstorm. Tornado warnings and high winds with a spectacular light show brought with it some much needed cooler air. A typical summer day. I enjoyed every single second of it, even while sweating profusely while grilling this pizza. I tend to pick the hottest days of the year to hang out by my grill while it’s churning out 600 degree heat. I like to live on the edge like that.
But I had a hankering for s’mores. A craving of sorts that wasn’t going to be satisfied with the typical campfire s’more, you know…the messy stacked sandwich that’s been around for years. Nor was my craving going to be crushed with any of my s’mores varieties because, to be honest, I didn’t have a variety of extra candy and cookies at my disposal. And I was fresh out of corn tortillas to make my Campfire S’more Quesadillas. I had to improvise. So, I raided my pantry and found a few solutions….one being Golden Grahams cereal. I thought about making teeny, tiny s’mores…you know, the kind The Elf on the Shelf might bring by on one of his spy retreats during the holiday. But…I was super hungry and I would need about 50 of the minis to get me over this hump.
I found some leftover No-Fail Pizza Dough from the Grilled Margherita Pizza the other day and decided to toss it on the grill. I topped it with some chocolate (like pizza sauce), mini marshmallows (like the cheese!!!) and Golden Grahams cereal (Pepperoni, anyone?) and let everything get all melty, gooey and happy. Then I ate it.
My Grilled S’mores Pizza is simply decadent and sinful and amazingly addictive. One bite, one slice, one pizza….it may not be enough. And it’s great for serving a crowd because you won’t have a bunch of sweaty bodies hovering over your grill or fire pit. Everyone can eat at the same time and you won’t have flaming marshmallows flying about. All your guests will have their s’mores cravings satisfied and you won’t have to whip out the aloe for 3rd degree burns.
Grilled S’mores Pizza
Dessert for dinner? serve up this delicious grilled s'mores pizza for dessert on pizza night!
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough or 1 recipe for No-Fail Pizza dough, divided in half
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips I use Nestle
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows I use Jet Puffed
- 1 cup Golden Grahams Cereal
- Preheat grill.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness and brush top lightly with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Place the dough directly on the grill grates over medium heat and cook until the bottom is golden brown. (I check to see if the dough will lift off the grates easily, if it sticks...wait a little longer). Lightly brush the top of the dough with the remaining olive oil and flip. Top the dough evenly with chocolate chips. Top the chocolate chips with the marshmallows and then sprinkle the Golden Grahams over the marshmallows. Continue cooking until the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from the grill and cut into pieces. Serve immediately.