Pecan Pie Cheesecake Recipe
A MUST for the holidays, this easy Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipe is the best of both dessert worlds. Sweet pecan pie filling on top of a creamy, bourbon spiked cheesecake is my definitely of sweet treat nirvana. Easy to make and can be made in advance!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
We include links to products we use to create this recipe. We may be compensated for purchases made using these links. Thank you for supporting our site.
We all know that Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I’m sure, if you’re hosting, you have a handle on everything that will be on the menu that day. Unless you’re like me, and you’re a last minute planner who runs around like their hair is on fire right up to the very last minute.
Sometimes I tend to look for new and trendy recipes to share but most of the time I make the classics like my decades old Roast Turkey recipe and this pumpkin pie. Other years, I’ll blend some of my favorite recipes into an epic mashup like this Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipe.
It’s everything I love about pecan pie and cheesecake all rolled into one amazing dessert that’s perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and beyond!
This easy cheesecake recipe is super simple to make and can be made in advance to help you with your holiday planning. Rich, creamy cheesecake filling is baked in a pecan graham cracker crust that’s buttery and toasty. Pecan Pie filling is spread on top for an amazing praline like topping that’s simply irresistible.
How To Make Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Because I used my basic cheesecake recipe as a base, this cheesecake recipe comes together quickly and easily.
- Preheat the oven.
- Make the crust. Mix together the graham crumb, pecans, sugar, butter and salt. Press into pan and transfer to the oven. Bake until set.
- Make the filling. Beat the cream cheese with the sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Assemble the cheesecake. Pour the filling into the crust and set in a deep baking pan. Pour water into the pan halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake. Baked the cheesecake in a 350˚F oven until set.
- Cool. Let the cheesecake rest until room temperature.
- Make the topping. Melt the butter, brown sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Whisk in the eggs, syrup, half and half and salt, cook until thickened. Fold in the pecans.
- Top the cake. Pour the pecan pie filling over the cheesecake and spread evenly.
- Chill. Transfer the cheesecake to the refrigerator and chill for 8 hours.
- Serve. Remove the springform pan ring, slice and serve.
Serve with a dollop of homemade whipped cream for a totally over the top dessert!
We love this 9-inch Springform Pan for all our cheesecake (and round cake) recipes! It’s leakproof and nonstick making cake release easy and stress-free.
Tips for Making Perfect Cheesecake
- Be sure all your filling ingredients are room temperature. This allows the ingredients to combine easily and become smooth without any lumps.
- Do not skip the water bath! Placing your foil wrapped pan in the water bath during the baking time required will help to eliminate any cracking and will ensure your cheesecake won’t sink in the center.
- Do not over bake your cheesecake. The sides will be dry and firm to the touch but the center will still be wobbly. The cheesecake will firm up while it chills overnight.
- To cut your cheesecake, run a knife under hot water and make your first cut. Wipe the blade with a warm, damp paper towel in between cuts.
This is seriously the BEST cheesecake recipe for so many occasions. We love to enjoy this one for the holiday season but it’s also amazing for celebrating the Kentucky Derby. The bourbon pecan cheesecake spin is totally Derby worthy and definitely will steal the spotlight at your next spring party.
It’s definitely stolen our hearts the same way this Kentucky Bourbon Butter Cake did a few years back!
More Easy Cheesecake Recipes
- Rich and amazing Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe is a family favorite!
- Funfetti Cheesecake perfect for birthday celebrations!
- The BEST EVER Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- Gingerbread Cheesecake is like Christmas in dessert form.
- Bite sized and heavenly Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes are great for parties
Get the Recipe: Pecan Pie Cheesecake Recipe
FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs approximately 12 ounces whole crackers
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
FOR THE FILLING:
- 4 8- ounce blocks cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup maple syrup, or dark corn syrup
- ½ cup half and half, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold
- 2 cups roasted pecan, chopped
- whole roasted pecan, to serve
- springform pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, chopped pecans, sugar, butter and salt until clumps begin to form.
- Press the crumb mixture into a 9 inch springform pan firmly and evenly across the bottom and halfway up the sides.
- Transfer the crust to the oven and bake until set, approximately 10 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool completely. Wrap the bottom and sides of the pan with foil.
- Reduce the oven to 325 degrees.
- Add the cream cheese to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the sugar and vanilla scraping down the sides of the bowl, as needed.
- Add the eggs to the cream cheese mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour the filling into the crust and set in a deep baking pan.
- Transfer the baking pan to the oven and fill with water. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until set but still wobbly in the center.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Make the pecan pie topping by melting the butter, brown sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk in egg yolks, maple syrup, half and half and salt until smooth. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and remaining bourbon (if using), whisking until smooth.
- Fold in the toasted pecans.
- Pour the pecan pie topping over the cheesecake and spread evenly over the cheesecake. Decorate with whole pecans, if desired.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the springform ring, slice and serve. (Best if served at room temperature since the pecan pie topping is a little harder to cut through when cold.)