Two Ingredient Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts // Video
Get your pumpkin spice fix in a soft, tender donut! Two Ingredient Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts are simple to make with just a box of cake mix and a can of pumpkin. Lightly spiced and dipped in a vanilla glaze, these are your breakfast goals achieved!
Happy Hump Day! It’s a short week so today seems less daunting that other Wednesdays. Two more days to go and the weather seems to get the idea that it’s NOT supposed to be 85 degrees and we’re in for a dreary cool day. Finally. Sounds like the perfect day, right? Well, to me…it’s a nod to the idea that summer may be behind us finally and I won’t break out into a sweaty mess every time I order a pumpkin spice latte. I’m that person that can’t get enough of the pumpkin spice after Labor Day and I’m trying to add it to all the things I can before Gingerbread rears it beautiful head. 🙂
Our local donut shop sells Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts this time of year. They’re simple, nothing flashy. No flecks of bacon or weird cereal toppings. Just a sweet, vanilla scented glaze and a few tiny sprinkles. I wanted to duplicate them but I now they’re donut recipe is one requiring yeast like these Vanilla Donuts….and I was feeling quite lazy. I just purchased a donut pan that I was dying to test out so I grabbed a box of cake mix, a can of pumpkin and went to town. Honestly, I didn’t think this Baked Pumpkin Spice Donut recipe would work out at all but what I was left with were perfectly round, little cakes of heaven. Because, really…it is just cake shaped like a donut but they’re tender and moist and perfectly spiced without having to put in much effort at all.
With these Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts I definitely got my donut fix and they’re a great addition to brunch. My little guy loved them even though I had to wrestle him to the ground to take a bite (he’s become a finicky eater lately…..it’s KILLING ME.). They’re a great breakfast alternative to this Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal or these Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites (because really…who wants to give their kids MORE energy.) But you could also make these Pumpkin Pie Smoothies.….or all of the above for a true pumpkin feast! But definitely…if you make nothing else, make these Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts because they’re so easy…the kids can do it!
Two Ingredient Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- 1 15.25 ounce package Spice Cake Mix
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, addd the cake mix and pumpkin puree.
- Beat the cake mix and pumpkin together until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag and pipe into a donut pan.
- Bake the donuts for 10-15 minutes or until they spring back when pressed lightly with your finger.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Remove the donuts from the pan and cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Dip the donut tops in the glaze and return to the wire rack. Decorate with sprinkles if desired.