Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Fall’s BEST quick bread studded with sweet chocolate, Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is lightly spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Easy to make, each bite is like a little taste of fall….even if it’s still 90 degrees outside.
It’s my favorite time of year….no, not fall. Although, it is my favorite season but The Voice is back and I get to hear people sing for their dreams, basically, in a nutshell. I love the show so much and have been watching it since my little guy was a teeny, tiny baby. People just get up on stage and put everything they have out there for the entire world to see….in the hopes that one…just one…chair will spin around changing their entire life forever. How raw….how vulnerable that must make them feel. My heart is always a little crushed for those that don’t get the spinning chair. Because….even if you haven’t bared your soul on national television…there’s always something in our lives that was equally crushing for us. Am I right?
But the people that get to move on, oh my gosh…the rush they must feel. Their dreams are right there at their fingertips and, seriously, if my REAL LIFE GOALS were just about to be realized….I would totally break out like a prepubescent teen. I mean….how STRESSFUL would that be. So, stressful that you would need to eat a lot of chocolate and drink all the wine. Or is that just me? Over here throwing like a whole bag of mini chocolate chips into this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread….because stress. It makes me do crazy things. 🙂
Right now….I’m a little stressed because I have some things going on that are causing me to not float along lackadaisically through my everyday life. Things that will make me miss my daily spin class and have to drive through New York City during rush hour which I have never had to do before (I need a driver!). But it’s all for the greater good and I’ll share more with you tomorrow….and Thursday. Be sure to follow me on Instagram because I’m sharing all the details over this week. But…first, Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread because I know that’s why you’re all here anyway.
I love a good quick bread recipe and I’ve been morphing this Banana Bread into so many other things lately that it was time I threw a little pumpkin into the mix….you know, because fall y’all! But I couldn’t just do a pumpkin bread because for some reason, every time I’ve had just plain pumpkin bread I always feel like it’s just a little flat. Like I have to slather on a half stick of butter to make up for the lack of something like raisins, nuts or….chocolate. So, I threw in a few handfuls of mini chocolate chips because I LOVED what happened to them in THIS Banana Bread recipe…..and it was definitely the right thing to do.
Looking for more easy Quick Bread recipes? Try these favorites!
- Ricotta Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Pina Colada Banana Bread
- Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
- White Chocolate Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar and butter beating at medium speed until fluffy. On low-speed, add the pumpkin, milk, greek yogurt, eggs and vanilla mixing until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Keeping the mixer on low-speed and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat just until blended. Add the chocolate chips and stir briefly.
- Pour the batter into a 9×5 inch metal loaf pan coated with cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.