White Chocolate Macadamia Coconut Butter
A popular flavor for cookies is now a creamy, sweet coconut butter. This “sorta” healthy spread will kill any sweet cravings and won’t blow up your diet. White Chocolate Macadamia Coconut Butter is easy to make in minutes….I’ll show you how!
I wish cookies were part of a nutritious diet. I would look like Giselle if that were the case….minus the 12 foot legs. I’m a little shorter than she is, and slightly stubby. But if I could eat cookies with reckless abandon I would not have an extra winter layer to contend with this year. Or if I had some self-control when cookies are in my presence….that, too, would help keep some of the fluff off.
But you can’t eat cookies 24-7 and I have no self-control so I have to find some semi, sorta healthy treats to keep around in the event of a sugar craving meltdown. So I made my favorite cookie on the planet into a butter but without the cookie part. White Chocolate Macadamia Coconut Butter is the answer to my sweet prayers. It’s smooth and creamy, so it’s not exactly like eating a cookie BUT you can slater it on a bran muffin, cracker or rice cake to get the crunch if you’re a crunch craver. This butter is really easy to make and the coconut in it has huge health benefits!
Coconut butter tastes amazing on it’s own, you can check out my recipe for Coconut Butter and then report back. I promise, you don’t need anything more in it but…..why not? Why not make it taste ridiculous just like my Vanilla Toasted Coconut Cashew Butter. And coconut butter has been proven to boost metabolism. Believe it….it’s going to curb your sweet cravings and amp up your fat burn. Love me yet? Well, there’s more…it’s also rich in lauric acid which boosts immunity and harmful bacteria. It IS flu season after all, we should be eating this by the shovel full! Packed with healthy fats, this White Chocolate Macadamia Coconut Butter will, also, make you feel fuller longer and it’s full of amino acids, magnesium and calcium.
If you don’t believe how easy it is to make…I made you my first video. 🙂 I learned a few things while making this little movie for you and I’m going to share….just because I feel it’s necessary to state:
- The camera does, really, add 10 pounds. Truth.
- Don’t wear a bulky turtleneck sweater when on camera…said sweater will add another 10 pounds.
- Don’t wrap a bulky apron around previously mentioned bulky sweater. Apron will add another 10 pounds, no matter how cute you think it is.
- Write a script. Don’t be all cocky and try to wing it.
- Hire a 12-year old to do your editing. Apparently, they work for cookies.
I also learned a few things about basic editing so the next video should be killer…..I’m sure you’ll be seeing me at the next Emmy awards ceremony. Guaranteed.
Note: In the video I state you should use salted raw macadamias but salted roasted would work just as well.
Get the Recipe: White Chocolate Macadamia Coconut Butter
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups salted macadamia nuts, raw or roasted
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and process for 3-4 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 months.
- Tip: The nut butter will become less loose and spreadable after about 8-12 hours.