A mouthful in more ways than one, Nutella Stuffed Salted Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are completely heavenly anytime of year. Chewy chocolate chip cookies stuffed with gooey chocolate hazelnut spread and sprinkled with flaky sea salt will soon be a cookie dream come true.
Are you ready? Four days left until Christmas and I have wrapped exactly ONE present. One. That’s it. I did all my shopping minus a couple gift cards that need to be picked up but really….no gifts have been wrapped. I promised I wouldn’t do this again, wait until the last minute to wrap EVERYTHING. But I did…and now I have a marathon wrapping session just looming and haunting me every single second of the day. I will try to get it done today or tomorrow because it’s going to rain….for like a bazillion days again. I hope Santa’s bringing me an ark because by the time Christmas gets here…I think we’re going to need it. And it will be stocked with cookies. Plenty of cookies.
I have so many cookies lying around right now from these allergy-friendly chocolate chip cookies and these gluten free peanut butter and jelly cookies that are like…OMG…I’m going to become gluten-free so I have an excuse to only eat them. But then, maybe not because these Snickerdoodles are like heaven. And now…I have these Nutella Stuffed Salted Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from my friend Tracy. The last cookie of the year. Can you believe that? The new year starts next week and so, this is the very last cookie of 2015. So strange. But she shared the best for last and, so kindly, set aside time from building her own fashion line to bake me a batch to share with all of you.
These Nutella Stuffed Salted Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are completely fabulous. Really. I mean, they’re stuffed with Nutella so how could they be anything other than fabulous. So, if you’re at a loss still as to what kind of cookie to make for you Christmas soiree, this is it. My work here is done for today….now off to wrap those gifts.
Nutella Stuffed Salted Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 jar of Nutella, chilled in refrigerator
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt until combined. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt and cook down the butter until little brown bits appear in the pan and you smell a nutty aroma. Remove from the heat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together butter and sugars until fully incorporated. Beat in egg, yolk, vanilla, and yogurt until combined. Gradually add the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place cookie dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours to let the flavors meld together.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Roll 1½ tablespoons of dough and flatten the dough to make a flat circle. Place 1 teaspoon of chilled Nutella in the middle then place another flat circle of cookie dough on top. Crimp edges to seal.
- Place dough balls on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and bake 9-11 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool on wire racks.