A classic potluck and picnic staple, the very Best Deviled Eggs are so easy to make with the tastiest filling ever. Creamy and smooth with a slight hint of spiciness from a secret ingredient, your guests will be begging for the recipe.
Back in the day…..whenever I was invited to a potluck I always wanted to bring the most over the top dish. Something everyone would gush over and talk about all night long. Something that would overshadow all the other recipes that were created that day. I would spend hours looking for the best recipe to work on, always adding my own twist to make it epically dreamy. And even if the dish was the best thing ever created on planet Earth…there was always one humble dish that would disappear faster than I could even make it to the buffet table. Which is pretty fast because I usually sprint like an olympic athlete toward the food as soon as I enter a party.
Those deviled eggs. They vanish before the plate even hits the table. And the biggest complaint I hear at every party is that the person responsible for the deviled eggs did not make enough. Every single time. Angry people hovering around the buffet looking for another platter of eggs…a back up plan…but usually left disappointed and having to eat my crafty concoction of the year. Which is now….the very Best Deviled Eggs.
To make the very BEST Deviled Eggs…I like to mix in a little spice, some heat…in the form of Tabasco sauce. It’s not overly spicy…at all. It just gives it a unique flavor that leaves your mouth in a state of surprise and your mind wondering what is in that deviled egg. What crafty kitchen magician made these the BEST deviled eggs you’ve ever had in your life…you must find this amazingly, brilliant person right now so you can give them a high-five….or a cocktail. And how can you get this recipe because, surely, it’s a secret…right? Well, not anymore.
Just in time for spring and all the picnics, potlucks and showers you can handle….the Very Best Deviled Eggs are now your epically dreamy dish for every occasion. You can now be the person that makes enough deviled eggs for everyone so they’re not hunting you down after the last one vanishes. You will now be the hit of the party. Every party.
The Very Best Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan with enough water to just cover the eggs. Place the pan over medium high heat and bring the water to a boil. Turn the water to simmer and cook the eggs for 10 minutes. Immediately transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water and cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Carefully, peel the eggs and slice in half from top to bottom. Remove the yolks and place in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, onion powder and Tabasco to the yolks. Using a hand mixer, beat the egg yolks until creamy and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill a pastry bag with the egg yolk mixture (or a zip top bag with the corner snipped off) and pipe about a tablespoon of the mixture into the well of the egg. Repeat until all the eggs are filled. Arrange the eggs on a platter and sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with parsley if desired.
|Serving Size||1 egg half|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 81kcal Calories from fat 66|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|