Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are so fluffy, easy, and foolproof! After mastering this simple technique you’ll never prepare baked potatoes any other way. They always turn out perfectly cooked with the most amazing crispy skin and the process could not be easier!
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
I can easily say that I’m obsessed with a few things in this world. As you can assume, food is one of them… And within the realm of food, baked potatoes sit near the tip top of the list of foods I’m very obsessed with! In fact, one of my favorite things to do at parties is to toss together a baked potato bar. That way, everyone can dress up their baked potatoes with all of their preferred toppings! It’s so much fun.
There are a few reasons to use the air fryer to make baked potatoes. For starters, it frees up oven space if you need to also bake or roast something at the same time. Also, it really guarantees that the skin of the potato will be super crispy while the inside is so nice and fluffy! Not to mention the best part of all – the process really could not be any easier.
You basically just have to poke some holes in the skin of the potatoes, toss them with some oil and seasonings, and let the air fryer do the rest of the work. No need to wrap them in foil or move them once they’re in there. The air fryer cooks them all the way through to perfection in under an hour and you have to do next to nothing!
How to Make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Prepare the potatoes. Coat each potato in olive oil and season with your desired seasonings. I like salt and pepper! Garlic powder, onion powder and dried herbs are also great.
- Poke holes. This is so the potatoes don’t explode when the cook in the air fryer. It’s important to use a fork to poke holes in the potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Once preheated, toss the potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for 40-50 minutes depending on how large your potatoes are.
- Top them off! Once the potatoes are cooked, the real fun begins. Slice up some crispy bacon and fresh green onions. Grate some cheddar cheese and grab the sour cream from the fridge. Slice the potatoes open with a sharp knife and top them off however you like!
PRO TIP: Since the potatoes cook for about 40-50 minutes in the air fryer, this is a great time to fry the bacon and prepare all of the other toppings. That way everything is ready to go as soon as the potatoes are cooked!
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
This easy air fryer baked potato recipes just got even easier. Check out these quick tips and tricks:
- Don’t forget to poke the holes. Use a fork to poke several holes all over the baked potatoes. You don’t have to pierce them deeply – just enough to break the skin. Otherwise, the pressure will build inside of the potatoes and you’ll end up with quite the mess in your air fryer basket!
- No peeking. Once the air fryer is going, there’s really no need to open it up again and check for doneness until the 40 minute mark. If you open it up a lot, you’re just slowing down the cooking process.
- How big is your potato? Smaller potatoes will be ready around the 40 minute mark while larger potatoes may need an extra 10 minutes to cook all the way through.
- 400°F is best! After some trial and error, I’ve found that 400°F is hot enough to crisp up the skin and cook the potato all the way through to fluffy perfection in under an hour.
More of the best baked potato recipes!
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe
- 4 large baking Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground Black Pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Parsley
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt to garnish, optional
- 2 strips Bacon, chopped
- 1 Green Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Cheese
- 1 air fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F. Wash and scrub the Potatoes, and poke with a few holes.
- Rub potatoes with Olive Oil and season with Salt and Pepper. Place Potatoes in the air Fryer basket.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer until Potatoes are cooked through and soft, 40 to 50 minutes, depending on potato size.
- While Potatoes are baking, place bacon strips in cold frying pan, and bring heat to medium. When fried, chop or crumble. Chop Green Onion as well. Set aside.
- When potatoes are done baking, allow to cool for 10 minutes, then slice them lengthwise, and pinch both sides of each potato, using your hands to force potatoes open, until the fluffy insides start to come out.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Butter in the open tops of each of the Potatoes, and sprinkle Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Parsley on the tops.
- Divide Sour Cream and place a dollop in the open tops. Sprinkle each top with chopped Bacon, Green Onion and grated Cheese. Serve warm. Enjoy!