Apple Cider Gin Fizz
Tart, sweet apple cider is turned into a festive cocktail just in time for the holidays. This Apple Cider Gin Fizz is bubbly and filled with fall spices for a memorable drink all your guests will love.
Holidays and cocktails just kinda go together…don’t you agree? I don’t know if it’s because it’s just a cause for celebration or because of the crazy family members but a cocktail in hand makes the whole experience a billion times better. Unless you don’t drink…then maybe you should just wander over to the dessert table and throw back a few of these bite-sized pieces of heaven.
Anyway…I’m a cocktail girl, though you wouldn’t know it by my recipe index. I don’t have many drink recipes but let’s face it…you only need a few killer cocktails to make everyone think you’re a star-worthy bartender. Like this crazy amazing Chocolate Martini that everyone in the world should be making. Or how about kicking off Black Friday with a Bloody Margarita…you know, hair of the dog. And you’ll need it because on Thanksgiving you’ll probably be knocking back a bunch of these sparkly Apple Cider Gin Fizz.
They’re simple to make but you will have to plan ahead a bit and spend a couple minutes making this Apple Cider Simple Syrup…which is equally easy to make. And…to warn you..the recipe does call for raw egg whites but before you get all squeamish and have visions of Sylvester Stallone chugging 8 ounces of raw eggs in Rocky…it’s nothing like that. The egg whites make the drink creamy and frothy…you could leave it out but don’t. It’s totally safe if you use pasteurized eggs…personally, I like Safest Choice eggs because they’re very easy to find and perfect for a variety of recipes. You will also need a cocktail shaker…if you don’t have one, you can find them for $10 at Target.
This Apple Cider Gin Fizz is so fantastic, you’ll probably be making them all night long. I’m going to try to find a way to make a big batch that you can just add a few straws to and sip it down all night long. Then you’ll have your hands free to carve the turkey while you attack this amazing goat cheese ball. It’s all about the multi-tasking on the holidays….and smiling forcibly at your crazy Aunt Jane while she tells you the most detailed story about her latest angioplasty.
Apple Cider Gin Fizz
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons of the apple cider simple syrup
- 1/2 cup gin
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 egg white, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon half-and-half
- 1/2 cup cold club soda
- light brown sugar, for rimming glasses
- Cinnamon sticks and apple slices, for garnish
- Add the brown sugar to a shallow bowl. Moisten the rims of two chilled glasses with a sliced orange wedge and dip in the sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Place the cider, cider syrup, gin, orange juice, egg white, and half-and-half/cream into a large shaker (without ice). Shake vigorously for about 1-2 minutes, then fill the shaker with ice. Continue to shake until everything is cold and frothy. Divide 1/4 cup of the club soda to the glasses. Strain the mixture into the glasses. Pour the remaining club soda into the shaker to pick up the foam left behind. Spoon the remaining fizz on top of the glasses and garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick and/or apple slices. Serve immediately.