The Best Chocolate Martini
Like Chocolate Milk for adults, this rich and creamy Chocolate Martini is the BEST cocktail recipe ever made. So simple to make in just a minute, you’re going to want to shake this one up at every party and happy hour gathering.
Even the non-martini drinker will totally fall in love with this simple Chocolate Martini. It’s creamy, sweet and goes down a little too easily.
This martini is based off of one my husband and I used to throw back at a restaurant near us. The bartender totally nailed the recipe and started everything off with creamy Godiva chocolate liquor. So, you could call it a Godiva Chocolate Martini recipe but I don’t really know what is totally in that official recipe so this is all mine.
Much like our favorite Espresso Martini, this creamy Chocolate Martini is more like a dessert cocktail that you’ll want to drink all day.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Godiva Chocolate Liquor or other chocolate liquor
- Creme de Cacao
- Half and Half
- Chocolate Syrup, optional
How To Make A Chocolate Martini
Making the best Chocolate Martini is so simple to do. You only need a few ingredients to get you started.
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the chocolate liquor, creme de cacao, vodka and half and half.
- Shake for about 20 seconds to blend the ingredients.
- Line a glass with chocolate syrup.
- Pour your chocolate martini in a glass.
Is Creme de Cacao and Chocolate Liquor the same thing?
So, short answer….yes. Creme de Cacao is a chocolate flavored liquor made from the cacao bean and has a slight vanilla flavor to it. It’s clear in color whereas chocolate liquor has a creamy consistency and comes in both cocoa (brown) and white chocolate (white) flavors.
If you want to make a White Chocolate Martini, I would suggest using the white chocolate liquor and the creme de cacao. If you can’t find creme de cacao, you can substitute with Kahlua and have very similar tasting results.
We absolutely LOVE this Ultimate Chocolate Martini recipe. It’s quick and simple and doubles as a dessert in a glass. It’s definitely a hit with everyone I serve it to.
More Easy Cocktail Recipes
- Super quick Pineapple Prosecco Slushie
- The Nutty Irishman is like a hug in a glass
- Our favorite Mimosa Float
- Spiced Blood Orange Dark and Stormy
- Boozy Peppermint Mocha Coffee
- Super popular Orange Crush
Want even more easy recipe ideas? Follow us over on Instagram!
Get the Recipe: The Ultimate Chocolate Martini
- 1 shot chocolate liqueur
- 1 shot creme de cacao
- 1/2 shot vodka
- 1 1/2 shots half and half
- chocolate syrup, for drizzling
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full of ice. Pour the chocolate liqueur, creme de cacao, vodka and half and half over the ice and replace the lid. Drizzle the inside of a martini glass with chocolate syrup. Shake the ice in the shaker thoroughly and pour the cocktail into the glass.
- Serve immediately.